From top to bottom

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
They did go 8-8 this year. So were they really the worst?
I think ANY team if they had the #1 offense and 5-6 pro bowlers could get to 8-8 minimum. Our FO consistently makes wrong decisions......so yes, regardless of on field record this is the worst run organization.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
After 25 years of trying to prove he's a football guy backfiring in his face the two examples you gave are nowhere near enough.

Let me ask you this, if he wasn't the owner do you think he would be a GM anywhere? The answer to that is a resounding NO. He makes bad decisions after bad decisions and can't seem to do ANYTHING right.

We all agree JJ needs to redefine his role, get out of football operations, etc. But my point is that he's not the worst owner in the league, nor is the team the worst run.

Pretty sure you don't agree, but that's not going to change...

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
We all agree JJ needs to redefine his role, get out of football operations, etc. But my point is that he's not the worst owner in the league, nor is the team the worst run.

Pretty sure you don't agree, but that's not going to change...
I'm open to discussion on it. How can an owner that retains the worst GM in the NFL for 25 be thyears note worst owner? By doing so shows winning is not high on his priority list. He's trying to prove a point from 25 years ago and yet every passing year just proves him more wrong. I could go on and on year by year but it would be beating a dead horse. Name just one successful owner/GM...........make no mistake Jerry is by far the worst kind of owner.........his decisions are based on his "feelings" not getting hurt..

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
How can an owner that retains the worst GM in the NFL for 25 be thyears note worst owner?

That's bad, no doubt, but it's only one thing. There's more to being an owner than appointing a gm, even if it's himself, as in Jerry's case.

The worst owner is one who doesn't care about winning, and that's NOT Jerry. Just because he wants to win his way isn't the same thing as not wanting to win period.

And is he the worst gm? Again, if winning is your benchmark, Matt Millin was the gm of the Lions for 8 years and went 0-24 in road games his first 3 years, and was fired after that. Horrible at drafting, horrible at contracts. Mike Brown was the gm of the Browns, being responsible for a 2 year run of a record of 1-31.

There are others. Jerry is a poor gm, no doubt, but NOT the worst...