Front Office needs to change or this cycle will continue!

plasticman

Reaction score
This has been the subject for 30% of all threads created on this forum for over a generation of football seasons.

There is no master plan, they simply copy the popular method of building a team just as that method is beginning to decline.

The Cowboys are always late to the party. They are late for adopting a strong playoff mentality and raising their level of play. It typically hits them, around midway through the 3rd quarter. Their bodies are late for the impact that comes with a strong training camp. This is why half of them won't even be available until the Cowboys early record practically makes it nearly impossible to win the division.

There is no innovation. There are no new ideas. Why should there be? The architect of any new and successful method of building a team will be usurped by the Jones after which they will claim to be the football minds behind t's early success. Then, they will do just enough damage to destroy any possible potential for future success.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Next year will be no different than last year…..actually it will be, it will be worse.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Since Stephen Jones has taken over the day to day business, he has been all about draft and development, keeping their own and having cap flexibility. He only uses fa to for short-term, low-cost stop gaps. The trade market is only if they can acquire talent for non premium selections.

When other teams use all the resources available they can rebuild a team very quickly, the Cowboys Model is predicated on hitting on their draft class to improve the overall talent, but years in which they fail to do so, team pretty much remains the same.

Point is, if this front office is unwilling to change, we can aspect this cycle to continue. Good enough to be competitive, but not a legitimate Super Bowl Contender.

As we deep dive into this offseason, keep in mind how they operate business. As Cowboy fans it's all about the NFL Draft selection.
If I may summarize the drafting hasnt been as big of an issue as the player development has been and quality coaches and staff are extremely important and hope
Zimmer can start changing the country club environment.
I remember seeing flashes of a young Mukuamu but the contracts playing in front of him discounted his talent, possible improvement at the position.
How could Muk have been any worse than Kearse.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
If I may summarize the drafting hasnt been as big of an issue as the player development has been and quality coaches and staff are extremely important and hope
Zimmer can start changing the country club environment.
I remember seeing flashes of a young Mukuamu but the contracts playing in front of him discounted his talent, possible improvement at the position.
How could Muk have been any worse than Kearse.
At some point they have to give these young players a chance to ascend.

phildadon86

Reaction score
The Cowboys can win some playoff games. Just because they blew it this year doesn't mean that they can't win next year. McCarthy is coaching for his job in Dallas. It is all or nothing. Anything can happen.
The fact you think a lame duck coach will command the respect of his team doesnt shock me at all.

phildadon86

Reaction score
They don't want to fire him. They hope to keep him. Don't underestimate him.
Hope to keep him? Lol. They don’t need to hope. It’s called a contract extension. Do you listen to your thoughts before writing them out?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
That is and has been part of the "culture" issue.
Contracts first issue has been a huge road block, some will argue.
Jerry was super aggressive, his son is super passive, which tells us these are non football guys running the team. The Jones family got lucky that they found a stupid GM in Minnesota (Walker Trade) that handed them 3 Super Bowl Victories, which should of been even more with poor management on top.

As Cowboy fans, it so frustrating, but our hope is that there will be a strong minded coach that shows them the way, if and only if they allow it to happen.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I know the Cowboys won’t do this but I would love them to use free agency to improve the defense and draft a offensive tackle first round, center second round, and running back/wr in the 3rd.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Their problem is they fall too much in love with players they know and they way overpay them. They need more Gilmore and Haskins signings and less Zeke, jaylon type of extensions.