FS Deon Grant may be on Dallas free agent list

Mansta54

Reaction score
My first preference would be M Wiley.

Mine too, he's a player!!!!:laugh1:

SPHawk

Reaction score
GoinForSix;1378448 said:
Ironic thing, that game was the annual "Join-a-Team, Not-a-Gang" day program and they brought 700 trouble Miami Dade County youth to watch.

I'm glad you reminded me about that. I had totally forgotten about that.

slick325

Reaction score
smarta5150;1378354 said:
I still think Watkins will be much better after camps and pre-season.

BUT, if we do go in the direction of another FS I'd much rather something like this rather then wasting a 1st round pick on Landry or Nelson (even if they are there at 22).

Based on college play alone this Watkins guy is no where near the class of Landry (LSU), Nelson (Florida) or Meriweather (Univ of Miami). Not even close. These guys first couple years in the league won't be anyway near to Watkins 1st year. These guys were "ballers" in high school and "ballers" every year in college, Watkins can't say the same. Watkins was merely an also ran at FSU but most people's homerism won't allow them to realize that he was a 5th rounder for a reason. Not because of character. Not because of an injury. Because after 4 years at FSU he was a starter in only 23 games. He was a USA Today All-America in high school in 2002 and couldn't crack the starting lineup at FSU until his junior year!!!! This wasn't the FSU of Deion Sanders who was in the top 4 in the country every season. or the FSU of Derrick Brooks that can boast the same. This is the FSU that was not the force they once were in the 90's.

Watkins is a decent player. He will be solid his whole career I believe, but he is in no way good enough to say that we should not draft a guy who can compete with him. Or good enough that NO rookie safety may actually be better than him.

dndvalles

Reaction score
Deon Grant has been mentioned alot, but I don't hear much regarding Michael Lewis. Is he restricted? Age?

1fisher

Reaction score
smarta5150;1378354 said:
I still think Watkins will be much better after camps and pre-season.BUT, if we do go in the direction of another FS I'd much rather something like this rather then wasting a 1st round pick on Landry or Nelson (even if they are there at 22).

I'm anxious to see what WP can do with him. I think Parcells had the boy playing timid.....:bang2:

MONT17

Reaction score
Gryphon;1378312 said:
The Jaguars are not expected to make an effort to retain RB LaBrandon Toefield, DE Marcellus Wiley, TE Kyle Brady, FS Deon Grant, WR Cortez Hankton, and LB Tony Gilbert before the free agency period begins.

Hankton and Gilbert are special teamers. Wiley, 32, is close to done. Toefield could draw interest from a team looking for cheap help at running back, like Detroit. Grant is a cover safety whom Dallas might like.
Source: jaguars.com

Related: Tony Gilbert, Kyle Brady, Cortez Hankton, Deon Grant, Marcellus Wiley

I will miss Parcells and his yearly "Dat Dude" free agent signing!!!