News: FS: Everson Griffen admits that leaving Vikings for Cowboys was a huge mistake

kskboys

Reaction score
Well, you guys that are always screaming that players should get all they should, this is what happens when that's your top priority. Disappointment.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
I saw that dude get juked out of his socks on the daily. That’s a loser mentality. Later.

plymkr

Reaction score
Dont blame him at all for wanting to go back to Zimmer.
Yeah I don't really blame him or take offense to what he said. Dallas can say they made a mistake by signing him. I see this as an "everyone lost" type if situation. We made a mistake, he made a mistake, we suffered, he suffered, Vikings suffered. Just an unfortunate set of circumstances that no one benefited from.

I will say I was disappointed in how mentally weak he was with being criticized in the media and his response to it. He's got some thin skin for a pro athlete and we don't need any more weak minded, thin skinned defensive players on this team.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So he leaves the Vikings saying Cousins is crap, spends a year with Prescott and now admits he made a mistake and wants to return to Minnesota.

Speaks volumes.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I read that he played DE in Minn, and cowboys used him on the inside lol.
Going to another team does not usually work out well for these players.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Well, you guys that are always screaming that players should get all they should, this is what happens when that's your top priority. Disappointment.
Yeah I love when players knowingly go to a team that isn't a fit scheme wise or overall that good and then complain about it. It's like dude you sold your accolades/stats for a higher pay day don't be over here trying to be pissy that they didn't give you all the snaps/looks you wanted ontop of the money you wanted (same thing with Demarco Murray, he knowingly went to a team with 2 other pro bowl runningbacks + a coach that ran majority out of shotgun then he tried to be all pissy to mangement that he wasn't getting his all-pro carries, it's like no sorry you knew both of these things where going to happen don't act like you didn't chase the money)

Praxit

Reaction score
....had they won the SB, he would be saying different. People so finicky.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This is why the Cowboys will never when a Super Bowl with Jerry Dumbo GM Jones.

1. He hires a guy hanging out in his basement that was WAY OUT of football lying saying he analyzed every football play of the 2019 season (entire coaching staffs and personnel staffs do this work). This is the same Head Coach that players said was getting massages and taking days off when he was supposed to be coaching.
2. He signs all these 4-3 defensive players, then lets the lying Head Coach hire a known Defensive Coordinator and coaching failure install a 3-4/Hybrid defense that no one can learn during a pandemic and was not a fit to any of his defensive personnel players.
3. After the 2019 season, he fires a Defensive Coordinator that gets hired by the same team that let go the Defensive Coordinator failure of 2020 hired by the lying Head Coach.
4. He replaces the defensive coordinator failure with a Head Coach that his sorry Cowboys of 2020 put up +40 points on. This Ex Atlanta Head Coach and Ex Seattle DC team is known for the biggest defensive failure in Super Bowl history. In the meantime the Saints hire the master mind behind the legion of boom secondary who was the Dallas Cowboys DC from 2018-19 the best years of Cowboys secondary since Parcells era (See Byron Jones).

The Cowboys now go into the 2021 season with 4-3 personnel and the Ex Atlanta HC saying he is going to do a 3/4 Hybird with 3 LBs, 1 NT, a bunch of 4-3 DL, and tall 4-3 man zone coverage DBs.

After the inconsistency of Jerry Dumbo GM Jones, Emerson Griffin just wants some consistency in his football life. Griffin wants Mike Zimmer? Where do we know Mike Zimmer from?
I don't want to when a Super Bowl. I want to win a Super Bowl. Oh, by the way, "master mind" is one word. You obviously are not one. ;)

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
So he leaves the Vikings saying Cousins is crap, spends a year with Prescott and now admits he made a mistake and wants to return to Minnesota.

Speaks volumes.

Dak always looking out for his team, getting rid of dead wieght even while on IR...nice catch RISEN!!!!!

CoachD

Reaction score
It was a mistake for the Cowboys to sign the bum! Great job of stealing money though!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I read that he played DE in Minn, and cowboys used him on the inside lol.
Going to another team does not usually work out well for these players.

With the Cowboys:
He played primarily as a DE in the 4-2-5 Nickel or OLB in the 3-4 looks.
- Occasionally he played as a 3-4 DE.

starfan1

Reaction score

Speaks volumes.
Prescott played 4.5 games
Dalton 11 yep it speaks volumes

lostar2009

Reaction score
Didn't know he left the Vikings. As I recall he didn't have a contract from them and was a FA. Dude should've never came to Dallas in our "new" flex scheme.