FS Question Answered.

KWMIKE

Reaction score
Roy will be back at FS. Barry O will start at SS. Barry O can tackle. Roy will do a great job at the center field postion. What do ya'll think?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
KWMIKE said:
Roy will be back at FS. Barry O will start at SS. Barry O can tackle. Roy will do a great job at the center field postion. What do ya'll think?

Roy's greatest strengh is at the line of scrimmage, Berio is a rookie, just cause he does well in TC, doesnt mean we put our best S in a positn where he isnt that good at.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
KWMIKE said:

Hate it. Roy should return and stay at SS, IMHO.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
For crying out loud, just put Roy back where he belongs and get a FS who can play there. THis Mickey Mousing around with this position is frustrating as heck. I would rather have the rook at FS. At least we can use Roy to his fullest potential.

KWMIKE

Reaction score
Roy has never played SS. I do agree that the move to SS could potentially use his skills better.

NorTex

Reaction score
Don't like the idea. I'd rather stick with Lynn Scott at FS.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
KWMIKE said:
Roy has never played SS. I do agree that the move to SS could potentially use his skills better.

I thought he played SS his rookie year and also in college.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
KWMIKE said:

I'll go out on a limb and say I don't have a problem with it at all. I actually like the idea if Barialt is all he's cracked up to be ...

I despise the term "ball-hawk" and Dallas has had success with playing typical SS anyways ... see the Woodson/Williams duo ...

Nice idea, actually.

KWMIKE

Reaction score
Woodson was the SS. Roy played FS. I'm not sure what he played in College.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
KWMIKE said:
Woodson was the SS. Roy played FS. I'm not sure what he played in College.

He played SS in College the only reason he played FS here was because we had woody

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
I'd also like to point out that our pass rush is going to be MUCH improved this year ... and we won't need to rely as much on coverage ...

I love the idea of having to head-hunting safeties as opposed to a "ball hawk" ...

Kilyin

Reaction score
Didn't Woodson switch off with Roy his rookie year? One play Darren was the SS, and Roy FS, next play vice versa. Otherwise, why would we constantly hear about Roy being 'out of position' last year?

KWMIKE

Reaction score
I do not think he is great in coverage but he is an enforcer out there in the middle of the field. He makes wr's think twice about catching the ball. He is an impact player at either position FS or SS.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
No to this one. Roy can't cover worth a ****.

He's not Mike Haynes but he's a better athlete (in coverage) than most give him credit for.

Still don't want him at FS though.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FS Question Answered???

No thanks. Keep Roy where he is at. The difference in his play between last year and his rookie year was major.