FS Question Answered.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
KWMIKE said:
I do not think he is great in coverage but he is an enforcer out there in the middle of the field. He makes wr's think twice about catching the ball. He is an impact player at either position FS or SS.

He has better imapct at the SS postion..again i dont care how good this guy plays in TC, i'm not taking one of the best SS in the game put him at FS, to put an unproven rookie in his postion. How about we go find a true FS instead of sticking a SS there.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
For those noting the remarkable difference in Roy Williams playing SS vs. FS, maybe you should keep that in mind when casually suggesting a rookie should make the same transition because he's had a good week in practice.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Sanity Check:

Berry O played at Ball State. He was a linebacke some of his career and moved to Safety. Parcells feels he's best at SS. I agree. You can't just move ROOKIE players to positions at the NFL level where they have NO EXPERIENCE.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
No way Parcells puts Roy @ FS.He'll be @ SS where He is most effective.Remember when Woody was here?Roy was at his best @ the LOS.

parcellsguys

Reaction score
Roy is the Strong Safety in 2005. No matter who is on the roster and playing Free Safety.

Maybe Scott and Davis platoon at the Free Saftey and the Cowboys wait until next season's draft to find someone for the job.

TheHustler

Reaction score
No chance Roy goes back to FS, and I would hate to see it happen. He's a liability back there. We need someone, even a rook, with more speed and better coverage skills.

Reaction score
Parcells saw enough of zimmy's foolish "interchangable" safetys to last a lifetime...Roy is NO FS and it was a waste to even try him there...

Only zimmy "The greek" could make make a game changing player like Roy near useless...UGH!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
KWMIKE said:
Roy will be back at FS. Barry O will start at SS. Barry O can tackle. Roy will do a great job at the center field postion. What do ya'll think?

I think they want Roy playing around the line of scrimmage where he becomes a great playmaker, Roy will never be noted as a great cover man but put him around the line and let him attack and Roy becomes a dominate player.

Hiero

Reaction score
we're not going to put an all star out of position to make way for a 6th rounder...

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Hiero said:
we're not going to put an all star out of position to make way for a 6th rounder...

exactly

you want to put a two time pro bowler SS at FS, so we can put a rookie 6th rounder, who looks good in the first week of TC in his position, brilliant logic

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
No to this one. Roy can't cover worth a ****.

I agree....coverage is not Roy's strength. Let him roam near the line of scrimmage where he excels.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
IMO, the cowboys have the most dynamic SS in the game. he's the "sure thing" in the secondary.

dallas should take their chances at FS. and placing roy back at FS means gambling at BOTH safety positions.

given the upgrades at CB... whether we go with scott, reese, or davis at FS is substantially less important to me than keeping #31 in the position he was born to play - strong safety.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
I'd also like to point out that our pass rush is going to be MUCH improved this year ... and we won't need to rely as much on coverage ...

I love the idea of having to head-hunting safeties as opposed to a "ball hawk" ...

But with a better pass rush, we're going to get more errant throws. I want a ball hawk to take advantage.

TheHustler

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
exactly

you want to put a two time pro bowler SS at FS, so we can put a rookie 6th rounder, who looks good in the first week of TC in his position, brilliant logic

Actually, he's made the probowl at FS the last two years.... still out of position though and he should be left at SS.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Ty Law in centerfield would get 7 picks and cause more sacks as QB's have to check down more. Coverage can be a pass rushers friend too.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Nors said:
Ty Law in centerfield would get 7 picks and cause more sacks as QB's have to check down more. Coverage can be a pass rushers friend too.
a million bucks a pick... whatta deal.