FS1:The Cowboys are making a mistake passing on DeAndre Hopkins

Adreme

Reaction score
If Hopkins is so good, why is he available?

-- Mickey Spaggs
Because the Cardinals are tanking and we are late in the offseason so now the options are far more narrow. Basically the AFC East and the Browns.

Jipper

Reaction score
This is just to get clicks and views guys...nothing more, they know the narrative will get cowboys fans riled up and to watch

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
At 2-3 per season I'm in. Which won't happen.
Other than a good price for a WR, Dallas needs a RB more. All the WRs in the world won't make 4 better.

Exactly, he's going to want too much, and he's like Earl Thomas at this point. Give me Risner, Lewan, and Drake instead. They'd be much cheaper and they'd fill more holes. Plus, with them, we'd get a quality RB and oline depth. When Tyron goes down, Lewan is going to be a player we will want to have.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think his logic is sound though I acknowledge that the show and that host are all about jamming Cowboys talk into the show for ratings. I don’t want D Hop but I do want to see an “act of aggression” from the team to indicate they understand their usual passivity hasn’t cracked an eggshell yet towards a Super Bowl.

I loved the Mazi pick even if he flakes out because it showed me they are willing to buck their usual trend and grab the D tackle high. My preference would be to probe for an oppty to trade for or add another impactful front 7 player on D, or quality O lineman. We don’t need more skill players, we need more physicality.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Because the Cardinals are tanking and we are late in the offseason so now the options are far more narrow. Basically the AFC East and the Browns.
No team prepares to tank during the offseason. They attempted to trade Hopkins and there were no takers. They don’t feel he’s worth the money anymore. He’s missed a number of games with injuries and a suspension and although he’s still a good player, he’s lost a step or two. He’s been available for nine days and no one has snatched him up yet.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The talking heads know the Cowboys are going to be good this season. All they talk about now is the Cowboys signing cut wide receivers that want 15 million a season, Dak’s interceptions, resigning Zeke and MM calling the offensive plays. The Cowboys have their big 3 at receiver. More then half of Dak’s interceptions was the receiver or scheme issue, Zeke is washed and MM was calling plays for the Packers for more then 10 years.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I think his logic is sound though I acknowledge that the show and that host are all about jamming Cowboys talk into the show for ratings. I don’t want D Hop but I do want to see an “act of aggression” from the team to indicate they understand their usual passivity hasn’t cracked an eggshell yet towards a Super Bowl.

I loved the Mazi pick even if he flakes out because it showed me they are willing to buck their usual trend and grab the D tackle high. My preference would be to probe for an oppty to trade for or add another impactful front 7 player on D, or quality O lineman. We don’t need more skill players, we need more physicality.
It's funny. I loved the Mazi pick because of the same reason your listed, plus I like the player.

But I also disliked the pick because I felt it was more of a long term move when it's clear to me we should either have a sense of urgency, or start the rebuild now.