Video: FTF: Nick reacts to Cowboys 41-21 win over Eagles last night; criticizes McCarthy

Carson

Reaction score
Nah it wasnt. Mike has been braindead in time management this season. Its actually very bad.
The 60 yard field goal in Tampa, that could’ve led to points.

Not calling timeout or running more plays before the Zuerlein field goal. Could’ve lost us the game.

Not calling timeout before half. We could’ve moved the ball. Philly got the ball after half and could’ve made it a close game.

uvaballa

Reaction score

Not calling timeout or running more plays before the Zuerlein field goal. Could’ve lost us the game.

Not calling timeout before half. We could’ve moved the ball. Philly got the ball after half and could’ve made it a close game.
At the end of the season these things could be very costly. They need to run more end of half/game scenarios at practice.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We just have a bunch of wannabe head coaches that oppose MM's decisions because they think they know better. Never underestimate the arrogance of that particular group of fans. They will always think they know better. :facepalm:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

Yup. In the playoffs those things WILL lose you a game. I cant believe coaches get paid all this $$ to be bad at their job

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
We have been beat up so much its had to hear comps at this point. Ah heck, I'll get use to it.:laugh:

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
We just have a bunch of wannabe head coaches that oppose MM's decisions because they think they know better. Never underestimate the arrogance of that particular group of fans. They will always think they know better. :facepalm:

Eli and Peyton Manning are HOF players.

So is Aaron Rodgers.

They and many more former players and people paid to actually report on the NFL all say the same thing, McCarthy is a MORON.

If anyone is the wannabe it's you.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Nick reacts to Cowboys 41-21 win over Eagles last night: "Dak Prescott was awesome!"

Those were my exact thoughts last night. Sooner or later McCarthy's inability to figure out how end of half/end of game situations is going to cost this team.
  • Giving Brady the ball at midfield in Tampa by attempting a 60 yard field goal with a compromised kicker
  • End of game mismanagement in San Diego
  • End of half mismanagement vs. Philly
I'm not a big fan of Jerry meddling, but Jerry needs to meddle in this situation and get McCarthy set straight.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I love this sudden narrative against McCarthy about "what does he do?" with Moore and Quinn as the coordinators. Well, based on that, couldn't you ask that about most head coaches in the league?

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Nick reacts to Cowboys 41-21 win over Eagles last night: "Dak Prescott was awesome!"

I love the new narrative. We would have won if Mike managed the clock better. Wait a minute? They are trying to ignore that the score should have been 48-14. Also, somehow they conveniently forgot that the majority of the media picked against the Cowboys. They are acting scared.

Trajan

Reaction score
We have been beat up so much its had to hear comps at this point. Ah heck, I'll get use to it.:laugh:

So true. I refuse to accept any glimmer of hope that this team is improved, but even in my cold dead heart a flicker of hope is rekindled. I'm just waiting for Jerruh to do something so stupid I can return to my not really caring about a dumb team, run by a dumb owner.

That said, I am pleasantly surprised so far this season.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Eli and Peyton Manning are HOF players.

So is Aaron Rodgers.

They and many more former players and people paid to actually report on the NFL all say the same thing, McCarthy is a MORON.
So, our wannabe head coaches are actually just parrots? HoFers are always right? Aaron Rodgers is a hell of a QB but he is a POS off the field. It's no wonder his family doesn't want anything to do with him. I don't care what that guy has to say. And thanks for calling yourself out as one of the arrogant ones that think you always know better. LOL

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
So, our wannabe head coaches are actually just parrots? HoFers are always right? Aaron Rodgers is a hell of a QB but he is a POS of the field. It's no wonder his family doesn't want anything to do with him. I don't care what that guy has to say. And thanks for calling yourself out as one of the arrogant ones that think you always know better. LOL

LOL

Hilarious take coming from YOU of all posters.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
LOL

Hilarious take coming from YOU of all posters.
Is that your new M.O.? Ignore the post and attack the poster? That's a sure sign you know you just got your hat handed to you. ;)

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Or we could have gotten the ball around our 10, tried to force it downfield in a hurry and made a mistake to give the Eagles points. We've seen that happen before. I don't know why fans think it couldn't happen again. It was inside a minute-and-a-half (I believe) and the first-down mark was near-midfield, so the primary goal was to stop the Eagles from getting a first down.

As I've said elsewhere, I would have called the timeout on third down just in case we stopped them fairly deep and had a chance to get the ball closer to the 40. After they got over 20 yards on the third-down play, I would have done the same thing he did, let the clock run out and avoid making a mistake. The chances of driving from deep in our territory to field-goal range with a minute left are not that high.