Funny Images Thread

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I'm posting this just to make you guys stare at it.

giphy.gif

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That happens far too often. There should be a sign on the bridge itself, just in case you don't see the one a couple hundred feet back. (Assuming there even is one)

Hey Sam, how many times a year does someone do this at the bridge near you, on Rte. 53 in Bethel?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
That happens far too often. There should be a sign on the bridge itself, just in case you don't see the one a couple hundred feet back. (Assuming there even is one)

Hey Sam, how many times a year does someone do this at the bridge near you, on Rte. 53 in Bethel?
I don't get to Bethel all that often. I'm kind of a home body.

That said, when I lived in Darien it used to happen quite a bit. Here are three different trucks doing it. Usually on the train bridges.

920x920.jpg

a87f7a0106f524febfbf9feec7b32bd0.jpg

Here is an Amazon truck doing it.

Screen-Shot-2019-04-23-at-7.56.30-AM-768x922.png

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't get to Bethel all that often. I'm kind of a home body.

That said, when I lived in Darien it used to happen quite a bit. Here are three different trucks doing it. Usually on the train bridges.

920x920.jpg

a87f7a0106f524febfbf9feec7b32bd0.jpg

Here is an Amazon truck doing it.

Screen-Shot-2019-04-23-at-7.56.30-AM-768x922.png
Yeah, a lot of low bridges on the shoreline. I can't believe that first guy tried to make it under an 11'3" bridge. His trailer looks like the full 13'6", or close to it.

Reminds me of the comment one driver made, when he got stuck under a bridge:
The cop arrived on the scene and said, "What happened, ya get stuck?"
The driver shook his head and replied, "Nah, I was delivering this bridge, and ran out of fuel."

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Darwin finalist. Category: Unassisted
I'm still trying to figure out how he did that. Obviously, the RPMs had to be up high for the car to take off like that. Maybe he was trying to turn the key and either hit the shifter by accident, or just forgot what he went there to do? Either way, at least he didn't put it in reverse!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out how he did that. Obviously, the RPMs had to be up high for the car to take off like that. Maybe he was trying to turn the key and either hit the shifter by accident, or just forgot what he went there to do? Either way, at least he didn't put it in reverse!
I agree. It almost looks like he already had it in drive and just released the parking break. (I mean, it happen very quickly from the time he began reaching into the car.

Though, pushing a shifter into drive could have caused that too. He clearly didn't have his foot on the break. The question is, how did he get the RPMs high enough for it to take off so quickly. (which is why I thought he popped the parking break)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. It almost looks like he already had it in drive and just released the parking break. (I mean, it happen very quickly from the time he began reaching into the car.

Though, pushing a shifter into drive could have caused that too. He clearly didn't have his foot on the break. The question is, how did he get the RPMs high enough for it to take off so quickly. (which is why I thought he popped the parking break)
And it looks like he intended to stay in the car and it just got away from him. Pretty steep ramp and he's got little room to build up speed.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I was wondering if he had a stick on the gas pedal to keep it from stalling. I've never seen a car that would take off like that at an idle.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And it looks like he intended to stay in the car and it just got away from him. Pretty steep ramp and he's got little room to build up speed.
I don't know, to me, it looked like he just reached into it, without trying to get in. Whatever the case, he probably lost his job that day.