"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3fo0j3.gif
https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL....As long as it makes you laugh, that's all that really matters! I know where you're coming from. I don't know how many times someone's given me a confused look, and I had to respond with, "Sorry, some of them are just for me."
:laugh:
Hell, "all are just for me". And I know my sense of humor best but most of all realize when I need to make myself laugh. I feel for people who cannot do that, be their own comedian for it is one of life's greatest gifts and hearing it for the first time yourself as you write it has magic healing power.

For anyone interested in the healing and mood altering power of laughter, read on. My wife was in this NIA class for 10 years and loved it and one day they brought in a Laugh Therapist, I didn't know this even existed, and I was invited to go along by the people who ran the facility as I was kind of known as "the funny guy" whenever we'd get together. I am expecting a stand up comedian of sorts and this guy was nothing like that, he wasn't a jokester at all. He was a student of the power of laughter and it's effect on the entire system within our bodies.

If at anytime you are feeling low, need a lift of the spirits, try this. Lay on the floor, put your hands on your stomach and start laughing until you are borderline in a hysterical fit of laughter and laughter itself can make us laugh, even our own can make us laugh harder. Make sure you feel it in your stomach, a real belly laugh. Do this for as long as you can maintain it, rest a couple of minutes, get up and tell me how you feel. It takes some practice, letting yourself go and I mean really letting go, almost to the point of losing your breath and consciousness. That's the reason you are already lying prone.

The first time he had this class of 20 do it, most were reluctant but a couple, not including me, really let go and after that 5 minute exercise, I looked at the woman who really let go and she actually looked different and seem totally relaxed and she was smiling and not usually a smiler. He asked if we wanted to give it another try, as this was the usual behavior in a class of people, and we did. This time I really let go and I let the laughter of the others infect me and I almost blacked out, definitely had stars in my eyes as well as tears of laughter. When I stopped laughing, I couldn't get up immediately, I was too relaxed. It was the most amazing self medication I'd ever felt. He told me I was one of his better "laughers" he'd had in a class and I really let go without inhibitions and that was the secret to it. I wanted it to work.

They've done research on the science and health/healing benefits of laughter and come up with no evidence to prove that "laughter is the best medicine" as Readers Digest purported but I don't need their evidence. Laughter is not only healing, it saved my life. I know, without reservation, that without that, I would already be gone.

Xelda

Reaction score
Hell, "all are just for me". And I know my sense of humor best but most of all realize when I need to make myself laugh. I feel for people who cannot do that, be their own comedian for it is one of life's greatest gifts and hearing it for the first time yourself as you write it has magic healing power.

For anyone interested in the healing and mood altering power of laughter, read on. My wife was in this NIA class for 10 years and loved it and one day they brought in a Laugh Therapist, I didn't know this even existed, and I was invited to go along by the people who ran the facility as I was kind of known as "the funny guy" whenever we'd get together. I am expecting a stand up comedian of sorts and this guy was nothing like that, he wasn't a jokester at all. He was a student of the power of laughter and it's effect on the entire system within our bodies.

If at anytime you are feeling low, need a lift of the spirits, try this. Lay on the floor, put your hands on your stomach and start laughing until you are borderline in a hysterical fit of laughter and laughter itself can make us laugh, even our own can make us laugh harder. Make sure you feel it in your stomach, a real belly laugh. Do this for as long as you can maintain it, rest a couple of minutes, get up and tell me how you feel. It takes some practice, letting yourself go and I mean really letting go, almost to the point of losing your breath and consciousness. That's the reason you are already lying prone.

The first time he had this class of 20 do it, most were reluctant but a couple, not including me, really let go and after that 5 minute exercise, I looked at the woman who really let go and she actually looked different and seem totally relaxed and she was smiling and not usually a smiler. He asked if we wanted to give it another try, as this was the usual behavior in a class of people, and we did. This time I really let go and I let the laughter of the others infect me and I almost blacked out, definitely had stars in my eyes as well as tears of laughter. When I stopped laughing, I couldn't get up immediately, I was too relaxed. It was the most amazing self medication I'd ever felt. He told me I was one of his better "laughers" he'd had in a class and I really let go without inhibitions and that was the secret to it. I wanted it to work.

They've done research on the science and health/healing benefits of laughter and come up with no evidence to prove that "laughter is the best medicine" as Readers Digest purported but I don't need their evidence. Laughter is not only healing, it saved my life. I know, without reservation, that without that, I would already be gone.
and the world is a better place because of you