Funny Videos Thread

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
That had to be scary as Hell!
What was he thinking? Cutting a live line like that? Overhead power lines can carry anywhere from 155k to 765k volts! At that voltage you can get arcs that are 10s of feet in length through the air!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What was he thinking? Cutting a live line like that? Overhead power lines can carry anywhere from 155k to 765k volts! At that voltage you can get arcs that are 10s of feet in length through the air!
I'm guessing he thought the guy on the ground had cut the power?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
lol, if he can't trust his co-workers in a situation like that, it's time to change your line of work!

Though, honestly. At that power level, you would hear it humming.
Yep. I had my foreman do that to me once, when I was an electrician's assistant, but it was only 220...Still knocked me off the ladder.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yep. I had my foreman do that to me once, when I was an electrician's assistant, but it was only 220...Still knocked me off the ladder.
Boy, I get nervous just messing with just 120 volts. Which is why I own a variac, isolation transfomer (with floating ground), and the current limiter that I built. (picture posted in the DIY thread)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Boy, I get nervous just messing with just 120 volts. Which is why I own a variac, isolation transfomer (with floating ground), and the current limiter that I built. (picture posted in the DIY thread)
Nah, I used to touch a screwdriver to the sides of an outlet just to wake me up some days. Lol....Never near water, course!