Fursuit selection made

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Next weekend, I'm going to be hanging out with a friend in St. Louis who will be helping me make a Duct Tape Dummy. This helps the maker know the dimensions of my body so that the fursuit will fit properly. Sort of like how HOFers have to get measurements for the gold jacket and bust.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Next weekend, I'm going to be hanging out with a friend in St. Louis who will be helping me make a Duct Tape Dummy. This helps the maker know the dimensions of my body so that the fursuit will fit properly. Sort of like how HOFers have to get measurements for the gold jacket and bust.
Are you sure this is a friend? "Duct Tape Dummy" sounds a bit like "Snipe Hunting", but with a flagpole involved.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes, I'm sure of it. It's a standard procedure in the fandom to make a Duct Tape Dummy to help make sure the fursuit fits properly.
I'm just goofin' around, Todd. But honestly, if they can make a tailored suit from measurements, I don't know why they can't use them for this.......Oh wait, it's....................No, never mind.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm just goofin' around, Todd. But honestly, if they can make a tailored suit from measurements, I don't know why they can't use them for this.......Oh wait, it's....................No, never mind.

I know you are lol. The thing is most makers aren't in the same town. My fursuit maker is in the Pacific Northwest, and I live in Kansas City. So this helps the maker to be able to see exactly how my body is and how to make the suit be able to fit me properly.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
UPDATE! Just received an update from my maker. She will be making the base for the head of my fursuit head soon! I am super stoked!!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
UPDATE! Just received an update from my maker. She will be making the base for the head of my fursuit head soon! I am super stoked!!
It's taking a long time, but I guess it's hard to find just the right horse, kill it, skin it, bleach the skull, then see it all together.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It's taking a long time, but I guess it's hard to find just the right horse, kill it, skin it, bleach the skull, then see it all together.

Lol, that's not how it works at all. Fursuit making is a lengthy process. The base for the head has to be made, and then lots of sewing of the faux fur, hot glue for the parts needing that, and lots of foam.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol, that's not how it works at all. Fursuit making is a lengthy process. The base for the head has to be made, and then lots of sewing of the faux fur, hot glue for the parts needing that, and lots of foam.
No, I watched a YouTube video on it. They just tell you what you want to hear, then they go on a murderous rampage, looking for the perfect sized animal to match your dimensions.