Future Ring of Honor Inductees

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
Romo, Tyrone Smith, Zack Martin, Jerry Jones, & Witten will definitely get in the ring of honor.

Otherwise, who else SHOULD make it from the Jerry Jones era? I can't predict who will. Never know. Too early on Parsons, Lamb, & Dak.

T.O. did not win a playoff game here. At his best however, he was probably the best Cowboys receiver ever. Should he deserve consideration?

Deion Sanders-best cb ever

Jay Novacek

Moose Johnson

Dez Bryant

Demarcus Lawrence

What say you?

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Demarcus Lawrence? HAHAHA

You might as well add Greg Ellis. All the other guys are deserving you mention, except Jerry.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Romo, Tyrone Smith, Zack Martin, Jerry Jones, & Witten will definitely get in the ring of honor.

Otherwise, who else SHOULD make it from the Jerry Jones era? I can't predict who will. Never know. Too early on Parsons, Lamb, & Dak.

T.O. did not win a playoff game here. At his best however, he was probably the best Cowboys receiver ever. Should he deserve consideration?

Jay Novacek

Moose Johnson

Dez Bryant

Demarcus Lawrence

What say you?
Romo? I am not so sure. beloved. fan favorite, but came up short often.

no TO. defintley not.

Moose, perhaps. he was key cog in the superbowl runs.
Bryant? no, didn't do it long enough. wasn't dominant long enough. not deserving.
Novacek...interesting choice. wasn't great. but his QBs loved him as a great outlet. wasn't top 5 TE in his era.
Lawrence...another interesting choice. I don't think so. solid run defender. not a great pass rusher. solid. not great. so probably not.

Martin, most assuredly. best guard who ever played for cowboys. perhaps second best guard ever (behind Allen)
Witten - most assuredly, he is a definte HOFer, and ring worthy.

too early or Parson, Lamb and Dak as you said, but if they continue at current pace, most probably

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Smith
Martin
Witten

Those are the only really sure fire ones because they were unquestionably in the top 3 of their position for most of the time they played. Romo might make it in and I'm not going to say it's the wrong thing, but he probably comes after those guys and if there isn't a massive backlog.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Jay Novacek

Moose Johnson

Dez Bryant

Demarcus Lawrence

What say you?
If it was up to some of you they would run out of room at the stadium for all the ROH members.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Jay Novacek

Moose Johnson

Dez Bryant

Demarcus Lawrence

What say you?

Honestly I don't know. I think ultimately a lot of guys from the Jerry era will make it.

Tyron, Martin and Witten i'd say are locks.

Romo probably is a lock to though i'd question why. Personally, I think Romo probably deserves it but then you have to question how exclusive is this ring of honor?

As of now I wouldn't put Moose, Novacek or D-Law in.

Prime wasn't here long enough.

TO wasn't here long enough.

Ring of Honor for the most part have all been guys who have made the Hall of Fame. I know there's a few exceptions like Woody but he'll eventually get in.

But if I had to assume who'd have the resume by then?

I'd say Dak finds his way in there, Lamb, MAYBE ZEKE, Parsons....Diggs maybe could if he keeps this up.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Demarcus Lawrence? HAHAHA

You might as well add Greg Ellis. All the other guys are deserving you mention, except Jerry.
That’s not nearly as funny as the one fan who thinks Dale Hellestrae, a long snapper should be added to the ROH. :rolleyes:

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Honestly I don't know. I think ultimately a lot of guys from the Jerry era will make it.

Tyron, Martin and Witten i'd say are locks.

Romo probably is a lock to though i'd question why. Personally, I think Romo probably deserves it but then you have to question how exclusive is this ring of honor?

As of now I wouldn't put Moose, Novacek or D-Law in.

Prime wasn't here long enough.

TO wasn't here long enough.

Ring of Honor for the most part have all been guys who have made the Hall of Fame. I know there's a few exceptions like Woody but he'll eventually get in.

But if I had to assume who'd have the resume by then?

I'd say Dak finds his way in there, Lamb, MAYBE ZEKE, Parsons....Diggs maybe could if he keeps this up.
Hard to say with Romo, he broke a lot of records here, but it also became more of a passing league compared to the other dallas qbs he beat. Cant say i wouldnt mind if he got in or didnt.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only Zack Martin and Witten deserve to be added to the Ring of Honor at this point.

Tyron Smith would have been deserving if he could have stayed healthy. Tyron was great but he has only played a full season of games four (4) times in his career despite playing 13 years.

Romo was great, but his injuries and lack of post-season success as quarterback exclude him.

As for Deion, he was great but he was only with the Cowboys for 5 years, and with the only Super Bowl coming his first year, you could argue the 49ers losing him (to any team) played a bigger role than him signing with the Cowboys.

Everyone else listed were good players, but nowhere near RoH worthy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hard to say with Romo, he broke a lot of records here, but it also became more of a passing league compared to the other dallas qbs he beat. Cant say i wouldnt mind if he got in or didnt.
Yeah I say Romo because I mean honestly what's the difference between him and Dandy Don?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jay Novacek

Moose Johnson

Dez Bryant

Demarcus Lawrence

What say you?
I suspect the first list (Romo et al) will get in, but I'm not sure about any on the second list (Deion et al). There are reasons to have doubts about all on the 2nd list, but Deion probably will get in because he is the big name of the bunch.

This is probably an opinion most don't share, but I'm not a fan of the idea of Deion getting in, just as I wasn't with Haley a few years back. Clearly he was one of the keys to winning SB XXX, but to me the ROF is for players who's careers were all, or overwhelmingly tied to being a Cowboy. Deion was only a Cowboy 36% of his career, half his Pro Bowl & All Pro honors were with other teams, and his Defensive Player of the Year award was with the 49ers. Deion was a mercenary going to the highest bidder. I don't blame him for that because players only have so long to cash in on their talent, but to me it taints the ROH candidacy.

There are several Cowboys from prior to Jerry's era that should be strong candidates, but likely will never get in. Those include the following ...

John Niland​
Cornell Green​
Harvey Martin​
Too Tall Jones​
Everson Walls​

Not saying they will or should all get in, but some should and all should be strong candidates. I doubt any will get in at this point though

Last edited:

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Harvey Martin and Nate Newton need to be in, first and foremost. I think Harvey is often forgotten for such honors since he died so young.

I protest Deion going in for the same reason I protested Charles Haley going in - these guys aren't career Cowboys, even though they made lasting impacts to the club. I still view both of those guys as 49ers at the end of the day. Still love them both though.

I could maybe be okay with Novacek going in because he played for a bunch of horrible Cardinals teams before coming here and winning 3 Super Bowls. Also retired here.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Jay Novacek

Moose Johnson

Dez Bryant

Demarcus Lawrence

What say you?

Ed "Too Tall" Jones
Harvey Martin
Everson Walls (is also a possibility)

To me they need to be the first two... a long, long time ago...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
--Yeah I say Romo because I mean honestly what's the difference between him and Dandy Don?
I suspect Romo will get in, but there is a difference.

Romo took over a winning team. They weren't winning enough (9-7 the year before Romo became the starter) but still a competitive team.

Don took over a lowly expansion team that suffered through some pretty bad seasons and helped lift them to a consistent championship contender

That said, sure I recognize that all things aren't on the QB, but Don was given a lot of credit for being a missing piece that helped turn the organization around

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Bossman Fat, just because he would have to go in under the Bossman Fat, tag. All joking aside, Tyron needs to be in like yesterday as well. I don't care about his injury history playing the toughest position on the OL, this guy has given up his health to wear the Star

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
Romo is a no for me. Zack Martin and Jason Witten are definitely yes.

I’d actually be okay with Deion. He played just as many seasons here as he did in Atlanta.

Older players like Harvey Martin, Cornell Green, and Too Tall need to be up there.

cej757

Reaction score
I think Erek Williams should get some consideration and I know Nate Newton had some off the field stuff around him, but I would seriously put Nate in as well. Nate had a HOF career and even got nominated a few times.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I suspect Romo will get in, but there is a difference.

Romo took over a winning team. They weren't winning enough (9-7 the year before Romo became the starter) but still a competitive team.

Don took over a lowly expansion team that suffered through some pretty bad seasons and helped lift them to a consistent championship contender

That said, sure I recognize that all things aren't on the QB, but Don was given a lot of credit for being a missing piece that helped turn the organization around
I mean even what you typed up is comparable. Romo didn't necessarily take over a great team or franchise either. Wasn't expansion bad but it was pretty much 5 win team bad. And yeah I know Parcells somehow mustered up 9 or 10 wins from that Quincy led team but that team personnel wise was a joke.