Future Ring of Honor Inductees

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Romo doesn't belong in the RoH. Not even close. We should at least have standards such as celebrity choke artist QBs who never even got to a title game don't get an RoH induction.

Danny White deserves it far more than Romo does, and he shouldn't get in either.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It’s a fair question. And as you mentioned earlier, Tyron Smith, Witten and Zack Martin are locks. I tend to lean toward making this more exclusive than the teams who let everyone in who the fans once loved.

I would categorize the possibilities this way:
LOCKS:
  • Jason Witten
  • Tyron Smith
  • Zack Martin
  • Jerry Jones (not my favorite but he should be there)
All four deserve to be in. Witten, Martin and Smith are headed to Canton and Jerry‘s already there. They are locks.

PROBABLY:
  • Tony Romo- not much that is lasting on his resume’ other than being as of now the all time leading passer in franchise history. For that I would likely put him in. That’s impressive and in my book it’s his only calling card. Don Meredith is in and I would put Romo in as that kind of entry.
  • Jay Novacek- he’s less likely than Romo but has a good resume based on his playoff accomplishments in Dallas during those SB years.
MAYBE
  • Moose Johnston- he would be a sentimental favorite. Certainly meant a lot to those SB teams and to Emmitt’s rushing.
  • Dak Prescott- if he has a deep playoff run and continues to catch Romo on club records, he has a decent shot. He’s only 30 so if he plays 5-7 more years and wins more playoff games he could make it.
  • Micah Parsons- he’s the closest to a lock but he will need some additional years to get there. Add some playoff wins and more stats and honors and he’s a lock.
  • Cedee Lamb- he will need several more seasons like the last two and also add some playoff wins too. His entry may be tied to Dak’s.

NO WAY (or shouldn’t)
  • Terrell Owens- TO is obviously a great player but he wasn’t here long enough IMO.
  • Deion Sanders- another great player- HOFer who shouldn’t be in because he wasnt here long enough.
  • Dez Bryant- I loved Dez in his day but other than his team receiving TD record he doesn’t have a stellar resume’.
IMO the greatest opportunity to earn “ROH“ status for the guys currently playing will hinge mostly on what this team does in the playoffs. And it should.
That Dez record is pretty special though.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Romo, Tyrone Smith, Zack Martin, Jerry Jones, & Witten will definitely get in the ring of honor.

Otherwise, who else SHOULD make it from the Jerry Jones era? I can't predict who will. Never know. Too early on Parsons, Lamb, & Dak.

T.O. did not win a playoff game here. At his best however, he was probably the best Cowboys receiver ever. Should he deserve consideration?

Deion Sanders-best cb ever

Jay Novacek

Moose Johnson

Dez Bryant

Demarcus Lawrence

What say you?
TO? no
Deion? No
Moose? no
Dez? no
man you want this ring to really be watered down. How about Bill Bates and Jim Jeffcoat? Doug Cosbie too?

plymkr

Reaction score
Jason Garrett
Matt Johnson
Dexter Coakley

All locks for ROH

IceBowler

Reaction score
Romo? I am not so sure. beloved. fan favorite, but came up short often.

no TO. defintley not.

Moose, perhaps. he was key cog in the superbowl runs.
Bryant? no, didn't do it long enough. wasn't dominant long enough. not deserving.
Novacek...interesting choice. wasn't great. but his QBs loved him as a great outlet. wasn't top 5 TE in his era.
Lawrence...another interesting choice. I don't think so. solid run defender. not a great pass rusher. solid. not great. so probably not.

Martin, most assuredly. best guard who ever played for cowboys. perhaps second best guard ever (behind Allen)
Witten - most assuredly, he is a definte HOFer, and ring worthy.

too early or Parson, Lamb and Dak as you said, but if they continue at current pace, most probably
Moose for sure. In fact, probably the only one from your listing that deserves to be there. DJ was the quintessential fullback and a most important part of the great 90s bunch.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean even what you typed up is comparable. Romo didn't necessarily take over a great team or franchise either. Wasn't expansion bad but it was pretty much 5 win team bad. And yeah I know Parcells somehow mustered up 9 or 10 wins from that Quincy led team but that team personnel wise was a joke.
Romo took over a team that was 9-7 the year before, and beat some good teams. Bledsoe was the QB he took over for, not Carter.

Amarillofan82

Reaction score
First Tier:
Everson Walls
Jason Witten
Dak Prescott (if he leads the team to the Super bowl)

Second Tier:
Jerry Jones
Tyron Smith
Moose Johnson

Third Tier: (if they help win a Super Bowl, or stay the majority of career in Dallas)
Mike Mccarthy (Super Bowl win only)
Micah Parson (Gets a DPOY)