Fuzzy Thoughts Week 5 vs CIN

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
Thanks Fuzzy, this is my favorite thread on this forum. I mean, I really look forward to it. I love the detailed analysis you give on line play in particular.

Have I been missing this post since the regular season started or have you been too busy to do the research involved through the week? Thanks again man.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hopefully we will see Green rotate with Free, and get a good assessment of the ability for Green to stay healthy.
it seems he is always injured.
if Collins plays RT, then Green is a great swing T.

I'm hoping to see Green get some time at RT as well. Not hammering Free as there are plenty of things he's doing well, but in my opinion, he's the obvious weakest link on this line.

JDSmith

Reaction score
I am slightly concerned about how handsy our DBs have been. All it takes is one officiating crew that is touchy about illegal contact and we'll get a lot of calls against us. I've watched a few other teams' games, but I haven't noticed whether allowing so much contact is a leaguewide trend.

As much as the receivers are allowed to push on them, though, the DBs should be allowed to hand-fight back. However, we've gotten away with some tugs and grabs that I'm surprised haven't been called.

Seattle has been doing it for years. They've made a living on it.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I was going to point that out too, but didnt want to seem like I was nitpicking. Cursed at the TV when I saw that.

Yes, I agree with most of Lumpkins post but when I read that about Williams I thought of how I was screaming at the HDTV at Williams blunder.

He did have a good game overall to be fair.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Thanks Fuzzy, this is my favorite thread on this forum. I mean, I really look forward to it. I love the detailed analysis you give on line play in particular.

Have I been missing this post since the regular season started or have you been too busy to do the research involved through the week? Thanks again man.

First one and they will be inconsistent at best depending on how work goes.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Thanks.
May be TFred is just playing better.
If Collins can play RT, then we could keep Leary if we had enough cap but we have to keep Martin.
Do you think playing Sam or Mike is harder for the body?

Generally speaking the WILL. Normally the scheme calls for the WILL to line up behind the 3T who is over the weakside guard. The 1T is supposed to blow up the C like we saw McClain and Thornton do.

Now ideally the 1T will draw a double team which allows the MIKE to also run free however offenses use combo blocks, motioning H/F-backs and the like to compromise or just plain single block with the center. That leaves the strongside guard or C to get to the MIKE. Taking on guys who outweigh you by 50+ lbs is extremely taxing. Ask Maualuga.

Now it is not always the case that the formation allows this. For example, Lee was attacking the los and engaging linemen as they were coming out of their stance versus the Bengals run; we weren't lining up in the shifted 4-3 Marinellis famous for though. We saw that a lot in the first half before they sold out to the pass. We also play a lot of nickel regardless of formation which also allows lines to pass guys down and the like as we like to do on offense. Requires an athletic line to pull off though.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Says no one but you......you are venturing into Parnell territory
I was right. Parnell is better than Free.

Dez is unreliable both from a health perspective and on the field. He does have some spectacular moments but also disappears. The team could get more of his spectacular moments if he was not the #1 WR.

Also, I think some of his knucklehead issues would go away if he was no longer considered the #1 WR; although, I think the emergence of Dak and EE is going to take the fan and media focus away from him anyway. They are bright young stars and Dez is a fading problem child.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I was right. Parnell is better than Free.

Dez is unreliable both from a health perspective and on the field. He does have some spectacular moments but also disappears. The team could get more of his spectacular moments if he was not the #1 WR.

Also, I think some of his knucklehead issues would go away if he was no longer considered the #1 WR; although, I think the emergence of Dak and EE is going to take the fan and media focus away from him anyway. They are bright young stars and Dez is a fading problem child.

Keep betting against him. If he were to hear that I imagine it would motivate him.

Personally, I think Dez needs Romo to be fully effective. No one else will throw the fade and 9 jump balls right.