FWST Blog: A game of chase with Barber/Ware feeling good?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A game of chase with Barber

As you probably already know, Pro Bowl running back Marion Barber rarely talks to the media. But now we really need him to say something. He's dealing with a dislocated right pinkie toe, so we're trying to report how he's feeling and if he will be ready Sunday against the Steelers.

Barber popped in the locker room briefly on Monday. So the chase started as did his playful back-and-forth around the locker area...

Q: Marion, how's the toe doing?

A: "I don't know, how's your toe doing?"

Q: Marion, how'd it happen?

A: "How'd what happen? I have amnesia, I don't know what you're talking about."

This is what we deal with "talking" with Barber. Now, that leaves us to having to observe to see how he's doing. Actually, he did say he would not wear the walking boot the athletic training staff gave him to help protect and keep pressure off his toe.

Barber did not walk with a limp, but I did notice he would not put weight on his right foot while messing with stuff in his locker. His right shoe was loosened and untied and when I pointed it out to him, he untied the other shoe.

Barber did not practice Monday and may not practice all week, but is still expected to play. Just don't ask him.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 04:07 PM | Permalink | Comments (2) | TrackBack (0)

Ware feeling good?

Cowboys linebacker DeMarcus Ware appears to be in good spirits, despite dealing with an injured left knee. We spotted him in the training room Monday afternoon getting treatment. While sitting on the training table, Ware laughed as media members teased with running back Marion Barber.

Ware flashed his big smile and got in a hearty laugh. He didn't practice on Monday but is expected to return at some point this week. The Cowboys will sorely need his pass rush ability in the four-game run that starts with the Steelers on Sunday.

Ware leads the NFL with 15 sacks, which is a single-season career high for the playmaker. It is the most sacks in a season by a Cowboy since Randy White had 16 in 1978. The team record was set a year earlier in 1977 by Harvey Martin with 23. Can Ware break the team record? He has four games to go.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 03:53 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Too bad that they didn't keep sacks back in the day cause then Martin would have more than Strahan. Though I believe, if I remember correctly, didn't Decon Jones supposedly have a season where he had like 26 sacks back before they were keeping records?

Don Corleone

Reaction score
The media and Barber is like oil and vinegar. LOL...I wish all of our players were this way.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2457203 said:
Ware flashed his big smile and got in a hearty laugh. He didn't practice on Monday but is expected to return at some point this week. The Cowboys will sorely need his pass rush ability in the four-game run that starts with the Steelers on Sunday.

Four game run? I thought it was a 7 game run that started with Washington. Every game decides something from there on out.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
I like Barber even more now that I have seen his handling of the media.

If you don't want to talk to them, they should leave you alone. Of course they won't, so be coy about it like Marion is doing. Just don't get nasty like some of the players do. The media will distort what you say if you exhibit frustration and anger toward them. They always have a way of making the player look like an *** when the Media is the one behaving like *****.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2457203 said:
This is what we deal with "talking" with Barber.

Yet you mediots keep trying and trying to make him change his personality just to so you can take his words and spin them into whatever story you dream up.

Albert Einstein's definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over, and to expect to get different results.

pgreptom

Reaction score
I think Barber will be the next Cowboys jersey I buy. What a character.

I have to buy a new Ware, Witten, and Romo, as well.