FWST Blog: Holy Earthquake

Haley94

Reaction score
FCBarca;2165078 said:
Especially the Bay Area, eh?...No mountains, no vineyards, no Yosemite, Sequoias, Point Reyes, Ocean Coast, etc...Yeah, nothing :rolleyes:

Ha ha!
California has all the major terranes of the world. You can go snowboarding in the morning and be at the beach to catch an set in the evening. It has the third or so largest economy in the world and is filled with open minded, creative people that brings the world innovation, dreams and cutting edge technology. He just sounds jealous because he's stuck in a swap with insects as big as your fist.

Cali'sFinest

Reaction score
jcollins28;2165207 said:
Yeah especially the Bay Area. They should cut the state in half just north of Bakersfield. In fact you can even have Bakersfield if you leave quietly.

Hey! I live in Bakersfield.../cry. I don't think anyone would want this city and I don't blame them!

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Haley94;2165361 said:
Ha ha!
California has all the major terranes of the world. You can go snowboarding in the morning and be at the beach to catch an set in the evening. It has the third or so largest economy in the world and is filled with open minded, creative people that brings the world innovation, dreams and cutting edge technology. He just sounds jealous because he's stuck in a swap with insects as big as your fist.

Actually I live in Nashville. And as I said, can you people not take a joke? Don't take yourself so seriously. Noone else does.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Cali'sFinest;2165401 said:
Hey! I live in Bakersfield.../cry. I don't think anyone would want this city and I don't blame them!

I've heard there is a huge gang problem in Bakersfield. Is that right?

Haley94

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2165429 said:
Actually I live in Nashville. And as I said, can you people not take a joke? Don't take yourself so seriously. Noone else does.

Easy tiger, i'm just having fun. :laugh1:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WFAA Blog

Players React to Quake
4:01 PM Tue, Jul 29, 2008 | Permalink
Sean Hamilton
I just made a walk through the Cowboys compound here in Oxnard, Calif. to see how others experience of the California Quake went. Just about everyone I spoke with said they felt it and it seemed to be most players' first experience of an earthquake.

Greg Ellis tells me that he was doing an interview with former Cowboys VP of Player Personnel , Gil Brandt, and his chair started shaking. Ellis said, "That was pretty cool... It was my first earthquake."

Linebacker Bobby Carpenter had never experienced an earthquake either. His adjective for the experience, "that was wild."

As for Terrell Owens, when I stopped to ask him as he was getting into his Cadillac, "Ah man, that was nothing."

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2165454 said:
WFAA Blog

Players React to Quake
4:01 PM Tue, Jul 29, 2008 | Permalink
Sean Hamilton

As for Terrell Owens, when I stopped to ask him as he was getting into his Cadillac, "Ah man, that was nothing."
Cool as ice, that TO.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Were Cowboys scared of earthquake?
6:59 PM Tue, Jul 29, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
As you might imagine, the earthquake was a big topic of discussion after practice. My man Michael Ainsworth will have a video up on ***BANNED-URL*** later with reactions from several players.

OG Leonard "Bigg" Davis, who has been blamed by many for the tremors, was actually in bed when the 'quake hit.

"I was very fearful," Bigg said with a smirk and sarcastic tone. "I was scared. I was shaking. I had to run and hide."

OLB DeMarcus Ware was watching film in a trailer. He joked that he thought the offensive line walked by, but he fessed up to being a bit shaken by the 'quake.

"It scared me a little bit," Ware said. "I should have just stayed under the table like they told us to do in high school, but I didn't do that. I'm just glad everybody is OK.

"I don't need to go through another one. Some of the guys were on the toilet and they said that ... Excuse me. I'm not going to talk about that."

Imagine what Ware was going to say at your own risk. :laugh2:

Comments (2) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
remember the quake that halted the World Series......that was freaky. one minute i am watching the WS the next minute......the screen goes black and stays that way for quite a while..........

btw, I felt an earthquake in the mid 90s here in SA. Apparently there was an earthquake in West Texas......and the tremors reached all the way to SA....I was sitting in class at SAC.....It felt like someone was kicking my desk from behind. I got mad and turned around to tell them to stop, but when I looked back, there were 2 empty spaces between me and the girl behind me. Then I got that twilight zone feeling. A few minutes later we were evacuated. When I got to the parking lot, I could see the library and history buildings gently swaying back and forth.

That is my first and only experience with earthquakes......It was enough to know I dont care to live in an earthquake hot zone. I have also evacuated twice from hurricanes when I lived in Corpus. Thank goodness, I am out of hurricane reach now. I am glad there are no volcanoes anywhere near SA, too. Really the only natural disasters we have to deal with are floods, droughts, and rare tornadoes (something I have never seen and don't want to).....and apparently when I was at the Silver Stars game last Thursday, a tornado touched down near Cowboys at 410 and 35.......thank goodness I was inside the Giant Dumpster. I felt safe.