FWST Blog: More of Choice Coming

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i think it shows that what wade said about choice when wade said he wasnt comfortable, 2 things come to mind
first, wade doesnt like to play rookies unless forced too;
second, maybe this relates to camp marshmellow this year, and wade not working the players hard enough to get more looks at choice, if so i put that on wade

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Rampage;2433806 said:
Gareett didn't give Felix 1 carry in the 1st Commanders game. he's not a good OC.

And that means what? I keep saying that rookie RBs need time to learn and some of you keep saying Garrett isn't playing them a lot. I keep saying it's not because he's stupid and some of you do or find excessive fault in it. There are reasons and just because you don't understand doesn't mean it's the wrong thing to do.

Eskimo;2433814 said:
Jobber, I think Garrett is just averse to playing young guys. He almost always prefers to go with a vet - it is just his way. He really values experience. Look at how he kept on marching out a one-armed Flo, or how about the underuse of Felix and Bennett.

Maybe we'll see a bit more of Choice, but I honestly doubt he carries the ball more than 5 times in any non-blowout.

I think that's about right and I agree with you. You don't play inexperienced players unless you have to. Let them learn and work them into the game. In Felix's case they used him in plays where his strengths were maximized and the risks were minimized. I don't understand Flo's case but there just has to be more to it than we know. I'd love to be a fly on the wall around there.

ABQcowboyJR;2434061 said:
I have noticed this as well. I still feel that only having one back do all the work is a bad idea. when the game is on the line you for sure should give the ball to barber. when we are playing two weaker teams i see no reason why choice can not get involved more.

I think you'll see Choice get a few carries. If he does all the right things besides run the ball then he'll gain more trust and more snaps.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Rampage;2433733 said:
Garrett sucks so i'll believe it when I see it.
:hammer:

Dallas;2433746 said:
I understand that he is a rookie and all, but not playing Choice is just STUPID. He has shown he can get some yards.

Give the kid 4-5 carries / game. Now we find ourselves in a situation where we have to depend on him to spell Barber. He should have been doing it all along while Felix was out.

I got faith in Choice. I love him in college and I love what he has shown so far.

Rampage;2433806 said:
Gareett didn't give Felix 1 carry in the 1st Commanders game. he's not a good OC.

ABQcowboyJR;2433809 said:
I would love to see more choice. Don't think it will happen though. Thats how smart our coaching staff is.

BraveHeartFan;2433829 said:
Even if he's the same type of runner as Marion he appears to be at least a step faster, and quicker, when he does get the ball. So give him 8-10 carries to help out Marion.

ROYWILLIAMS3.16;2433850 said:
If MBIII is a punisher and wears defences down and Choice is the same type of runner. Would this be to our benefit?

Achozen;2433900 said:
I don't buy the whole, "he's not a good a blitz pick up" BS. I remember him having some sick pick ups in the PS. You can tell the way he plays special teams, that he isn't afraid of contact and is willing to stick his head in and block.

AsthmaField;2433926 said:
That's how I feel exactly. Choice just looks so quick when he's in there. He's a prototypical slasher who has good heart, toughness and instincts.

Given a chance, he could do very well, IMO.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2434190 said:
And that means what? I keep saying that rookie RBs need time to learn and some of you keep saying Garrett isn't playing them a lot. I keep saying it's not because he's stupid and some of you do or find excessive fault in it. There are reasons and just because you don't understand doesn't mean it's the wrong thing to do.

he had a 65 yard td the week before and a 33 yard td the week after. every other team around the league gives there rookie running backs atleast 1 carry a game especially if he's the #2 rb in a 2 man rushing attack. It was the wrong thing to do just like only having 8 rushes in that game. If you can't see that than you must be blind.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Achozen;2433900 said:
I don't buy the whole, "he's not a good a blitz pick up" BS. I remember him having some sick pick ups in the PS. You can tell the way he plays special teams, that he isn't afraid of contact and is willing to stick his head in and block.

it's message board, rumor-mongering, bull****

he's a 4th round pick, not a 1st round pick like Felix was, so they don't feel that they have to put him on the field

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2434268 said:
it's message board, rumor-mongering, bull****

he's a 4th round pick, not a 1st round pick like Felix was, so they don't feel that they have to put him on the field

I'm pretty sure Choice is better at picking up the blitz than Felix Jones.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Seems to work for the Giants pretty well. All 3 runners are very similar.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
When is having another back like Marion Barber a bad thing? :huh: :confused: :huh: :confused:

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Tashard Choice is a bright young man, not a dumb one so I doubt he forgets plays. So what if his running style is like MB's if this is so then we'd lose little to nothing when he runs it. Now remembering and or recognizing certain blitz packages seems to be an archilles heal to alot of rookie running backs in the nfl so it could be this element that has him limited in playing.