FWST Blog: Romo, Gurode, and Burnett fined for uniform violations

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Fashion Patrol Drops the Hammer

Wednesday is usually the day in the NFL when players discover if they've been fined for something they did in the previous game.

Apparently a few of the Cowboys committed a fashion faux pas against the Commanders. Players such as Kevin Burnett, Andre Gurode and Tony Romo all received letters this week saying they will be fined $5,000 for something related to how they wore their uniform against the Commanders.

Something apparently related to the way they were wearing their socks. I just watched the highlights of the game to see why these guys would be fined and could see nothing. As the Little Ball of Hate knows, I am no fashion expert, but it wasn't as if Romo was wearing yellow with red or some other hideous combination.

This is just another example of the NFL having far too many rules, or far too many employees to monitor such infractions.

- Mac Engel

Posted at 12:57 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
The NFLs front office are communists.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
This is beyond stupid.

For the way they wore socks? Socks? I'd slap Goodell upside the head if I ever saw him. Then using my best Cartman voice, yell "respect my authoritaaaaah."

That being said....

I look forward to people coming into this thread and complaining about "anti-Cowboys" bias.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
They should fine the official who called the hold on Kyle Kozier. It brought back a long Marion Barber run and cost us a chance to score.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Wow. This seems like some really silly stuff to be fined for but I guess that's in line with all the other really silly stuff people are fined for.

kmd24

Reaction score
As long as they're doling out fines for uniform violations, they should fine the entire Commanders team for wearing cleats that look like penalty flags.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vintage;2430006 said:
I look forward to people coming into this thread and complaining about "anti-Cowboys" bias.
All righty then, here you go. Were the Skins fined for any such nonsense?

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
Well i heard God-ell is the one that checks underwear violations b4 every game.. :eek:

sad_otter

Reaction score
kmd24;2430017 said:
As long as they're doling out fines for uniform violations, they should fine the entire Commanders team for wearing cleats that look like penalty flags.

Agreed.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
They are doing this to make up for the money all the Cable companies aren't paying them for NFL network. :laugh2:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
socks look fine to me

http://img396.*************/img396/5481/901f17a8df0fa0e9cdacc0dwk7.jpg

seniorette

Reaction score
I thought sure this was going to be for the "goofy" hat in the news conference. At least that would have been understandable.
They think they have dumb us all down to the point we won't notice their stupidity.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
bbgun;2430039 said:
socks look fine to me

http://img396.*************/img396/5481/901f17a8df0fa0e9cdacc0dwk7.jpg

It appears that Romo's socks are an inch too short and not as white as R. Williams socks. :confused:

Ren

Reaction score
wow :lmao2:the NFL is making yet another joke of it self