FWST Blog: Romo, Gurode, and Burnett fined for uniform violations

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idgit;2430269 said:
Romo and Gurode were involved in a wardrobe malfunction that exposed Andre Gurode's nipples. Burnett was fined for saying it was 'hot.''

A similar thing happened a week earlier, when Gurode had a similar malfunction in front of Bennett, who thought Andre was Oprah, trying to kiss him.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Vintage;2430006 said:
This is beyond stupid.
For the way they wore socks? Socks? I'd slap Goodell upside the head if I ever saw him. Then using my best Cartman voice, yell "respect my authoritaaaaah."
That being said....
I look forward to people coming into this thread and complaining about "anti-Cowboys" bias.

south-park-you-will-respect-my-authority-3700212.jpg

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
I notice at one time between two plays the ref told Romo to buckle his chin strap, which Romo did. Maybe the fine was for not having the chin strap buckled????

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Their freaking socks were too short???

Romo's socks are like a freaking inch shorter than Roy William's socks in that picuture from earlier in this thread.

WOW!!!

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Cowboys Team Report
Yahoo! Sports

QB Tony Romo, LB Kevin Burnett and LB Anthony Spencer were fined $5,000 by the league for having too much white on their socks show in the game against the Commanders last Sunday.

http://img396.*************/img396/5481/901f17a8df0fa0e9cdacc0dwk7.jpg

Two much? Roy Williams socks has more. What am I missing here?

NinePointOh

Reaction score
Here's a picture of Burnett from the game (with his back to the camera):

09000d5d80c8caa3_gallery_600.jpg

Here's one of Romo in action, apparently wearing his socks in a completely different manner than Burnett above, but virtually identical to Marion Barber, who was not fined. Gurode is also in this shot -- both of his legs are obscured by Leonard Davis, but from what I can see, his socks look exactly the same as Davis's.

09000d5d80c8ce81_gallery_600.jpg

Here's one with Anthony Spencer wearing his socks almost identical to Burnett in the first picture:

09000d5d80c8d726_gallery_600.jpg

Here's a shot of the huddle, with a wide mix of low and high white socks:

09000d5d80c8d606_gallery_600.jpg

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting pics NinepointOh. Still don't see the Romo violation.

NinePointOh

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2431107 said:
Interesting pics NinepointOh. Still don't see the Romo violation.

Yeah, the only thing I can see is that in bbgun's picture, it looks like Romo has the white portion of the sock tucked underneath the blue sleeve portion, whereas in the huddle pic above, the others have it the other way around -- with the blue tucked into the white.

However, that would seem to be a really, really, really stupid reason for a fine. Plus, as far as I can tell, Burnett appears to have his socks with the white on the outside, so unless it's just hard to see, that wouldn't explain his fine.

dest

Reaction score
I think I see it. If you'll notice, everyone who wants their socks to be short, has on long socks, just pushed down, you''ll notice the bunching, but Romo appears to be wearing a different type entirely, a short cut.

Maybe that's it? It's pretty sad when we have to analyze a sock photo to try and determing the cause of a $5k fine.

edit- Or it could be the tuck, like NinePointOh said. It just depends, is the blue sleeve a put on first, then the sock over it? Or the other way around?

pancakeman

Reaction score
bbgun;2430071 said:
Miraculously, he wasn't fined for this look.

http://img528.*************/img528/1193/ch51sunnov162008082245plt9.jpg

:laugh2:

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Hey commish, any progress on the CBA. Just thought a looming lock out would be more important then how a player is wearing his socks.

Oh by the way, nice Job on the Jarred Allen fine. Hmm lets see, fined twice in one game for $50,000 then on the third strike you decide to just fine him another $25000. Not really in line with your other decisions for similar violations.

This guy really has no clue.

NinePointOh

Reaction score
dest;2431122 said:
I think I see it. If you'll notice, everyone who wants their socks to be short, has on long socks, just pushed down, you''ll notice the bunching, but Romo appears to be wearing a different type entirely, a short cut.

Maybe that's it? It's pretty sad when we have to analyze a sock photo to try and determing the cause of a $5k fine.

edit- Or it could be the tuck, like NinePointOh said. It just depends, is the blue sleeve a put on first, then the sock over it? Or the other way around?

Yeah, if you look at the pic bbgun posted, it looks like Romo's got a regular white sock on -- it's just not bunched because it's tucked into the blue sleeve.

Regardless, I think we can all agree this is pretty stupid. Uniform rules are intended to prevent misidentification of players, unfair advantages, unsafe playing conditions, and/or violations of product marketing contracts. It's hard to imagine any of those issues in play here.

NinePointOh

Reaction score
Romo's socks at Cleveland in Week 1 look completely identical to his socks in the Commanders game, with blue on top of white and only a small amount of white showing:

09000d5d80a998c6_gallery_600.jpg

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Evidently, Romo's socks were too low and Burnett's were too high. But baby bear's bed was juuuuuuust right.

http://img397.*************/img397/6857/20081120003532pic211263cv0.jpg

zeroburrito

Reaction score
looks like hes tucking them under the blue stuff(tights?) to make them appear shorter without crumpling. very clever jessica.