FWST Blog: T.O. faster from running on the sand... No interviews with Cris Carter

Joe71

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2267501 said:
"I think a couple of people have suggested that I sit down and do an interview with Cris Carter," Owens said. "For what? He’s not the best receiver in the league. Jerry’s the greatest of all-time. Why sit down and get interviewed by somebody in second place."

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 02:51 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

:lmao2: :lmao:

Kilyin

Reaction score
YoMick;2267697 said:
Eyebrow would mean one of two... he has a unibrow

Nothing gets by you does it? Why do you think he used the singular term... eyebrow...

Decleater101

Reaction score
LongSnapper;2267586 said:
It does seem that Owens is faster he blew right past those poor fools on the 72 yarder, meah about Chris Carter he is not in the same league as Owens
:lmao2:

Man, you ain't jokin'. I have reviewed that play 6 times. If you happen to have the game, go back and watch it again. TO had to slow and wait a good while for the ball. When he caught it, I was thinking "what the???" He kicked it in a gear that just ain't natural. Unbelievable for a 30-something year old reciever.

I really wish they had a close-up of the two defenders who were closing on him right after he caught the ball. :p:

mmohican29

Reaction score
The entire Cowboys team should deny ESPN any and all interviews going forward. Monday night's coverage was as biased as I have ever seen a panel, Berman the ring leader followed by the wanna-be Cris Carter and Keyshawn and Ditka who I think must be a Landry-spurned player/coach.

Carter and Johnson were two of the most self-aggrandizing players ever to suit up in the NFL. They can go kick rocks.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
LongSnapper;2267586 said:
It does seem that Owens is faster he blew right past those poor fools on the 72 yarder, meah about Chris Carter he is not in the same league as Owens
:lmao2:

mmohican29;2267852 said:
The entire Cowboys team should deny ESPN any and all interviews going forward. Monday night's coverage was as biased as I have ever seen a panel, Berman the ring leader followed by the wanna-be Cris Carter and Keyshawn and Ditka who I think must be a Landry-spurned player/coach.

Carter and Johnson were two of the most self-aggrandizing players ever to suit up in the NFL. They can go kick rocks.

Either Carter changed or the perception of him was wrong the first part of his career.

I think he changed and got it together. I've always respected him since. I don't remember him dissing like Ditka and others were but I could be wrong.

Carter was a possession WR and shouldn't be compared with TO IMO. Carter and Irvin were the same kind of WR. TO is more Rice but has some possession WR in him as well.

And he did pull away and fast. Still won't stop people from dissing him.

TO please be kool.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
theogt;2267514 said:
Looks like he saw Carter talking ish on Sunday.

no doubt.

and for once I am in his corner. I still dont like owens, but I think I dislike everything that espn has become even more.

Tom Jackson needs to be given a dose of reality. I used to really enjoy jackson, but he is just a buffoon now. The change in management at espn was the worst thing that ever happened.

Espns nfl shows are littered with keyshawns and carters of the world. Two enormous cry babies who never won big games. yet they sit there and act like they are the standard everyone should be judged by.

now carter was a superior talent but still his mouth does some talking his playing career could never back up. Same with Jackson.

anyway. I hope he gets carter all upset, those guys get so mad when someone says something about them. Right after they talk negatively about people for 7 days straight. Its funny.

Reaction score
Michael Irvin and Jerry Rice were the two receivers T.O. respected... Chris Carter doesn't have the rings. :laugh2:

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
Carter's Monday Night Countdown smack was the most personal of all the ESPN crew "interpretations" of T.O.'s quotes on McNabb:

Carter: "T.O. has to realize that we’re not going to love him as much as he loves himself.”

Why would Owens give this guy an interview? Would any of us?

Funny thing is, Owens gets the same amount of publicity for rejecting a Carter interview request.

Mansta54

Reaction score
sago1;2267544 said:
Chris Carter picked the Cowboys to beat the Eagles; Tom Jackson also picked the Cowboys while Ditka & Keyshawn picked the Eagles.

They may have picked us to win but they dogged us and TO during the entire pregame show. Key, Carter, and Jackson were just ridiculous. They took shots at the Boyz throughout the entire show....

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2267501 said:
No interviews with Cris Carter

Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens just surpassed Cris Carter for second place on the all-time touchdown catches list. Owens, who has 132, trails former teammate Jerry Rice's mark of 198.

Owens said there was an idea for him to do an interview with Carter, now working for ESPN, before breaking the ex-Vikings mark. No thanks, says T.O.

"I think a couple of people have suggested that I sit down and do an interview with Cris Carter," Owens said. "For what? He’s not the best receiver in the league. Jerry’s the greatest of all-time. Why sit down and get interviewed by somebody in third place."

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 02:51 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

There, fixed that for ya T.O. Was there ever any doubt he wouldn't surpass him?

The Panch

Reaction score
All I know is Carter picked the Boys to rep the NFC in the SB and atleast up until last year was calling T.O. the second best receiver in the league behind you know you.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Gotta say, I don't understand the blatant snub of Carter. Yeah, I can understand not interviewing with him, but to put him down like that?

Carter might have made one or two non-complimentary comments, but he's also said tons of great things about this team. And if TO held a grudge against EVERYONE that ever said something bad about him, he'd never do an interview.

Just seems like an odd target for venom.

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
mmohican29;2267852 said:

Don't forget that FAKE Hall-of Famer Steve Young. How in the world did Steve get in first before M. Irvin is beyond me.

If I just saw the postgame and not the actual game, I would have thought Dallas lost. He just went on and on about McNabb.

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
zrinkill;2267515 said:
Carter always blasts T.O. and Romo.

I do not blame T.O. at all ..... more guys should call out these morons.

:flagwave: :clap: :bravo: :bow:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2267501 said:
"I think a couple of people have suggested that I sit down and do an interview with Cris Carter,"

Owens said. "For what? He’s not the best receiver in the league.

Jerry’s the greatest of all-time.

Why sit down and get interviewed by somebody in second place."

Reminds of the scene in Rocky 3 when Apollo goes to shake Clubber's hand before the fight:

[Clubber slaps Creed's hand away]
Get out of my face!
I don't need no has-beens in my corner.
And you better wipe that look off your face before I knock it off.
You wanna jump, JUMP! Come on! Come on, Creed! Come on!

:laugh2:

VirusX

Reaction score
God forbid you give the man props on getting one step closer to being the all-time leader. Instead lets be jealous and slander him! We all know no one can feel better about themselves without tearing someone else down. Atleast I cant... Lol

Undisputed

Reaction score
YoMick;2268485 said:
Reminds of the scene in Rocky 3 when Apollo goes to shake Clubber's hand before the fight:

[Clubber slaps Creed's hand away]
Get out of my face!
I don't need no has-beens in my corner.
And you better wipe that look off your face before I knock it off.
You wanna jump, JUMP! Come on! Come on, Creed! Come on!

I can just see Cris Carter getting a statue dedicated to him with TO interrupting the ceremony.

"You're a disgrace to this sport!!!"

TO: SHUT UP OLD MAN! You don't know what I had to come from!
:laugh1:

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Moss sitting down with Carter makes sense when he passes him, considering he mentored him in Minny.

If they have absolutely no connection with each other - and Carter's number is merely a speed bump in Owens quest for 200. By the way, 200 is very reachable for Owens.