FWST Blog: Williams and Romo still work in progress

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I want to add that on the lunchbreak they said Wade got "competitive" and threw in a lot of exotic blitzes because of Garrett throwing in the "razorback" plays when it wasn't really in the coaching plans at the time. So it was payback.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Bluefin;2807939 said:
It's unfair to say Tony Romo and Roy Williams aren't on the same page when in fact the entire offense is trying to find its rhythm lining up against an actual defense again during the OTAs for the first time since the season ended.

This is also when Romo may fiddle around at times with how he throws the football. Romo doesn't just practice dropping back and throwing in perfect form from a clean pocket.

One of the new stories over on the official site mentions Tony Romo has spent the off-season correcting a problem with his footwork identified by watching videotape.

link

Romo wouldn't go into specifics, but said the problem he wanted to fix was related to his footwork. Last off-season Romo had worked on standing firm in the pocket and keeping his back leg straight. He said Monday he observed the footwork issue after going back to study last season. While it's been a slow process in correcting it during this summer's four weeks of Organized Team Activities, he's beginning to feel more comfortable with the change.

"Now there are some days out here in the last month or so that I haven't performed up to what I thought," Romo said. "It's because you're trying it, you're going to see if it's going to work. And I'll tell you right now that I'm really excited that it's becoming a natural move for me. And that's the hard part when you change things is to make it natural. You need to make it so that in the game you're not thinking about a technical aspect of your motion or your feet or any of that stuff. It just becomes second nature. That's something you do all off-season. You have to do it a thousand times before it can get to that point."