FWST Discussion Board members

randy932

Reaction score
The Discussion Boards on the FWST have been discontinued. It is a shame, but sometimes, change is good. Here is the notification letter I got. I suggest that we all send them emails explaining that we all not only were loyal, everyday posters there, but that we also got our news from the FWST since we were already there. Ask them if there is an entity that we could appeal to to get them to reverse their decision. It probably won't do any good, but it sure won't hurt to try. So, in lieu of the FWST, i will posting here a lot. I don't recognize many names, but I look forward to making new friends and will give my best to being a good poster for the Cowboyszone.
Anyway, here is the notification I received:

Well, I just got the following message from the FWST. It's a shame.

Dear Randy: We have decide to discontinue the discussion Boards at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you for your requests and remarks.
Have a nice day!

Bonnie Millward
www.star-telegram.com
bmillward@star-telegram.com

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
:welcome: aboard...

It's a shame about the FWST Board... there were some good posters there, but it hadn't gotten WAY out of hand with the laissez-faire moderation approach... too bad...

We have some FWST's here and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
I'm not surprised. I won't say it was gutter ... just gutter-ish. I had to stop and take a shower every time I clicked on the link.

randy932

Reaction score
Sportsbabe said:
I'm not surprised. I won't say it was gutter ... just gutter-ish. I had to stop and take a shower every time I clicked on the link.

Hello Sportsbabe. I haven't seen any of your posts in a long while.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
randy932 said:
Anyway, here is the notification I received:

Well, I just got the following message from the FWST. It's a shame.

Dear Randy: We have decide to discontinue the discussion Boards at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you for your requests and remarks.
Have a nice day!

They care too little about you to even use correct grammar. "We have decide" .. "Boards" capitalized for no reason. Either that or this Bonnie person is an idiot.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Couldn't be much worse than the Dallas Morning News Forum where Gtorres and his henchmen ran anyone off with whom they didn't agree.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
randy932 said:
Hello Sportsbabe. I haven't seen any of your posts in a long while.

Yep, this is the place for me. All Cowboys, all the time.

cowboyblue31

Reaction score
Sportsbabe said:
I agree it. most of the time the post were just pointless. Thats why i made the move to Cowboyszone. Lots of cool people who really love the Cowboys as much as i do. :sniff: Sniff: i love you guys! :laugh2:

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
sad to see it gone it was my first place and from there i knew about here about 3 or so years ago

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CanadianCowboysFan said:
Couldn't be much worse than the Dallas Morning News Forum where Gtorres and his henchmen ran anyone off with whom they didn't agree.

That was my first Cowboy board... I'm so ashamed! :)

trickblue

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
That was my first Cowboy board... I'm so ashamed! :)

I would think there is MUCH more shame in your life than that Winky!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
I would think there is MUCH more shame in your life than that Winky!

You got me on that one. ;)

Juke showing up at my house in just the leopard-skin underwear and carrying a box of chocolates nearly scarred me for life. :)

trickblue

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
You got me on that one. ;)

Juke showing up at my house in just the leopard-skin underwear and carrying a box of chocolates nearly scarred me for life. :)
That is shameful... he showed up topless in a pair of nude-colored Leggs at my place...

I slammed the door in his face... no chocolates... :rolleyes:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
That is shameful... he showed up topless in a pair of nude-colored Leggs at my place...

I slammed the door in his face... no chocolates... :rolleyes:

:lmao2:

Why that cheap bastid!

Hell I bet he left those over at Hos' house!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Forum dynamics are fascinating to me.

There was a group of posters on our old forum who used to hate it when anyone from DMN showed up there. They were coming from an unmoderated forum to a moderated one and often there was friction.

Some of these same posters left and formed their own forum because they wanted more freedom to say what they wanted to say. I always found that dichotomy a bit strange but I really do hope they're happy with their forum. They won't believe that, but oh well.

I came here from DMN because there was structure and Guidelines. I see those as necessary in order to grow and become everything that a forum can become. What is that? Quite simply a one stop place to find every scrap of news on the team and the doings of the rest of the NFL. Throw in a little friendliness and some joking around and you create a brotherhood.

That's what I like about being a Cowboys fan. I'm a former country bumpkin living in the middle of an oven called Arizona. I don't think I'm off base in saying most on this forum can't relate to that. All we have in common is the Cowboys. Maybe it's just me but I think that's enough to establish some very good friendships.

This is a great place for that reason alone if no other. There are always some who simply want to fight. There are some not worth reading. There are some who you hang on every word they post and enjoy the thinking.

I really don't understand inter-forum jealousy and in truth, I don't want to. At one time I cared enough to let it bother me. Never again. It isn't worth the effort to even give it a 2nd thought.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I used to post on the Star-Telegram site before I found this site. No offense to posters at that place, but good riddance! That place was a cesspool.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
I started going there in late 1999 when i got a PC. Never posted till 2002 but i enjoyed reading all the info. It was good back then. Then it just blew up and i moved on. I really do think all in all this is the best site for Cowboys info. I can't say it surprises me it's gone. It went to heck long ago and needed to be done away with.