News: Gallimore Expecting DTs To "Make it Rain" in 2022

morasp

Reaction score
But for as much as Gallimore will and must take the lead inside, his supporting cast must also quickly develop into the same game-altering force, if they are to take pressure (no pun intended) off of Lawrence and the outside pass rushers. In observing the first week of practice, it's impressive how Ridgeway -- essentially a road grader -- has been able to move whatever large human has been placed in front of him, and with ease, while both Odighizuwa and Bohanna both look a bit quicker than they were in 2021, and without sacrificing any physical mass or strength.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/gallimore-expecting-dts-to-make-it-rain-in-2022

kskboys

Reaction score
Hope so, but I have my doubts. Gallimore is likely the only DT we have that could possibly grow into a pretty dominant interior guy.
Yeah, I love Osa, but he has the traits of a good rotational guy. He reminds me of Obaghu, great guy to play a good number of snaps.

kskboys

Reaction score
But for as much as Gallimore will and must take the lead inside, his supporting cast must also quickly develop into the same game-altering force, if they are to take pressure (no pun intended) off of Lawrence and the outside pass rushers. In observing the first week of practice, it's impressive how Ridgeway -- essentially a road grader -- has been able to move whatever large human has been placed in front of him, and with ease, while both Odighizuwa and Bohanna both look a bit quicker than they were in 2021, and without sacrificing any physical mass or strength.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/gallimore-expecting-dts-to-make-it-rain-in-2022
We desperately need a top 5 NT. Our D would be instrumentally better everywhere w/ that one player.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Hopefully they don't make it rain by peeing their pants when faced with a top notch running attack.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah, I love Osa, but he has the traits of a good rotational guy. He reminds me of Obaghu, great guy to play a good number of snaps.

I think Osa has a chance to be good too but he's going to be limited by his size and he doesn't have the sheer freakish athletic traits someone like Aaron Donald has to be dominant.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
That's what put Cincy in the super bowl, and that's why the Rams won the super bowl.
Bj hill had 5 sacks. Neville is getting 5 plus this year so there you have it. Obviously we won't look like the Rams interior

kskboys

Reaction score
Bj hill had 5 sacks. Neville is getting 5 plus this year so there you have it. Obviously we won't look like the Rams interior
LAR had 4 quality NT types on the roster, Greg Gaines, Ashawn Robinson, Sebastian Joseph-Day, and Bobby Brown. 4. Do we have any? Maybe Ridgeway, if he can overcome height issues, which I do believe he can.

Making sure the middle is stuffed is instrumental in a super bowl run. When Brady was winning super bowls, Belly was quietly picking up huge middle stuffers, not to mention short yardage RBs.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
LAR had 4 quality NT types on the roster, Greg Gaines, Ashawn Robinson, Sebastian Joseph-Day, and Bobby Brown. 4. Do we have any? Maybe Ridgeway, if he can overcome height issues, which I do believe he can.

Making sure the middle is stuffed is instrumental in a super bowl run. When Brady was winning super bowls, Belly was quietly picking up huge middle stuffers, not to mention short yardage RBs.
I'm not debating Rams. I'm debating Bengals

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think (more like hoping) the DT's and DL will surprise and be much better. In year 2 of this defense, it will be more a read and react type play. Not read, think, react.

The article mentioned Ridgeway quite a few times. So is he back to practice? Last I seen he had a shoulder injury and was going to "miss some time".
Hopefully that is not too much time.

quickccc

Reaction score
Ridgeway is brought up often because we've needed a legit physical run stuffing presence in the middle, where the effectiveness of most team's successful run game starts and flourish
and where we have been so weak and vulnerable for so many years on. - no matter who the DC has been.

But i'm curbing my enthusiasm with Ridgeway, ..I'm not placing all of my marbles in a late round rookie draftee,.. if he has some kinda legit skills as a 1 tech, that would be great, but he's still a rookie that has to
adjust to the NFL trench battles and nuisances. but even then he has to have some legit support, surrounding cast as well... the other DTs,.. the LBs.. the DE's
It starts and depends upon what happens up front, within the six or seven men.

I do believe in the athleticism and physical tools of the current leftover DTs, .. Gallimore, Hill and Osa are athletic tiers. But none are elite types, or developed into elite level at this point.
News Bulletin: It's very hard to discover and find those elite type DTs * .. If you luckily find one, you make sure to lock him up on a contract for years to come.

We need our DTs to stay healthy ..and emerge to step up as BOTH presences vs the run as well as interior pass rushers.

quickccc

Reaction score
- I had high hopes for Gallimore due to his pre-draft work out numbers and his stand out Senior bowl practices in individual one on one drills.
His rookie year was fairly average, and '21 was mostly wiped out with the elbow injury, and the Niners game (like everyone else) was disappointing with the
way we were rolled outta the run lanes and Neville's big yellow flag penalty (illegal use of hands- to the face) late in the game.

The one play display vs Washington with the bull rush sack vs the center offers physical potential Gallimore has - but he's still a remain to be seen type.
Seems like he's been asked to bulk up more.
Is that to aid/enhance his run stuff ability ?
Or will he play more of a 1 tech/ 3 man DE role ?

- Hill is likely gonna be a rotation type. Some don’t like him as a person thus want him gone. But he’s too athletic to give up and cut, imo.
But I think he’s athletic enuff’ where he could be a Jimmie Jones type rotation guy at the least.
And I want to see what Hill offers as a flex DT vs the likes of a Quinton Bohanna

- Osa’s leverage and shed may be the best of the DTs, unlike Hill and Neville, the rookie managed to remain healthy and play in every game this year.
Though he faded late in season, he showed his skill level and potential. we’ll see after a full offseason program how that benefits the team.

But if we are to vastly improve vs the run, it starts with happens with the DTs , first off. It’s not
It starts upfront in the trenches.

quickccc

Reaction score
How many DTs will we likely keep on 53 roster ?... Four or Five ?
1) Osa
2) Gallimore
3) Hill
4) Ridgeway

Will the final DT spot come down to Hill, Carlos Watkins and Ridgeway ?

And to keep in mind that Chauncey Golston is expected to be used inside as a nickel rush DT.
So does that play into the number of overall DTs do we keep ?

Note: Unless Quinton Bohanna just improves by leaps and bounds this summer, I think he could head more to the Practice Squad.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
How many DTs will we likely keep on 53 roster ?... Four or Five ?
1) Osa
2) Gallimore
3) Hill
4) Ridgeway

Will the final DT spot come down to Hill, Carlos Watkins and Ridgeway ?

And to keep in mind that Chauncey Golston is expected to be used inside as a nickel rush DT.
So does that play into the number of overall DTs do we keep ?

Note: Unless Quinton Bohanna just improves by leaps and bounds this summer, I think he could head more to the Practice Squad.

Sometimes with certain players you have to ask why they are on the roster:

“Have you genuinely not been able to find 4 guys better than Trysten Hill?”

“Is Hill STILL a developmental prospect? Are they stashing him, hoping 2-3 years down the road he figures something out?”

“Does the team realize that if he makes the 53 man roster and an injury happens, he may actually have to play?”

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pressure up the gut is deadly we could be special.