News: Gallimore Expecting DTs To "Make it Rain" in 2022

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
How many DTs will we likely keep on 53 roster ?... Four or Five ?
1) Osa
2) Gallimore
3) Hill
4) Ridgeway

Will the final DT spot come down to Hill, Carlos Watkins and Ridgeway ?

And to keep in mind that Chauncey Golston is expected to be used inside as a nickel rush DT.
So does that play into the number of overall DTs do we keep ?

Note: Unless Quinton Bohanna just improves by leaps and bounds this summer, I think he could head more to the Practice Squad.
Hill is going to be doubtful , unless he tear it up in Camp , so far nothing like that. Watkins for reliability and Gholstin for versatility, will be the case , I think. ( Another one of Marinelli bites the dust )

blueblood70

Reaction score
We desperately need a top 5 NT. Our D would be instrumentally better everywhere w/ that one player.
ok 32 teams 100s of DL: and only 5 top DTs and we should have one. said 28 other teams LMAO..nice to dream..

quickccc

Reaction score
Hill is going to be doubtful , unless he tear it up in Camp , so far nothing like that. Watkins for reliability and Gholstin for versatility, will be the case , I think. ( Another one of Marinelli bites the dust )

Ironically from comments and views from 105.3 Gbag gang .. Trysten Hill is having a stand out practice and been in backfield, including one vs Tyler Smith.

quickccc

Reaction score
i miss Broaddus' training camp reports observation on DC.com :(

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Ironically from comments and views from 105.3 Gbag gang .. Trysten Hill is having a stand out practice and been in backfield, including one vs Tyler Smith.
Competition is good , iron sharpens iron.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I would hope for his own safety and well being, as well as the other DTs, best to stay away from those places.

Ken

Reaction score
Hope so, but I have my doubts. Gallimore is likely the only DT we have that could possibly grow into a pretty dominant interior guy.
Dominant how? Like a true nose tackle? Bc he is sort of a hybrid. He is a huge guy but he is also a guy that can move.

To me, Osa is going to be a dominant 3 tech. He has IT, imo.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
But for as much as Gallimore will and must take the lead inside, his supporting cast must also quickly develop into the same game-altering force, if they are to take pressure (no pun intended) off of Lawrence and the outside pass rushers. In observing the first week of practice, it's impressive how Ridgeway -- essentially a road grader -- has been able to move whatever large human has been placed in front of him, and with ease, while both Odighizuwa and Bohanna both look a bit quicker than they were in 2021, and without sacrificing any physical mass or strength.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/gallimore-expecting-dts-to-make-it-rain-in-2022

Worst position group on the team, and we only added a late 5th round NT.

I can believe Gallimore will be better. But that ain't saying much for him, and even less for the DTs as a whole.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
The fact that Ridgeway has been able to move anybody in his way has more to do with the fact that we have chopped liver at OC and LOG than anything else
Tyler Smith is looking pretty good, Zach Martin is a hall of famer, and Biadazz is a third year pro who's league average. Behind those guys looks shaky and I do believe OC needs an upgrade, but those guys aren't chopped liver. The fact that Ridgeway is making noise is exciting, but not surprising. Loved the pick at the time and nothing has changed.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm looking for big things from Gallimore this season. He should have broken out last year as a star but he got injured and missed most of the season.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Make it rain?

Yeaaaaaa

The "Whitehouse" is back on the menu boys! Call Micheal Irvin and get the cocaine guy on the phone.

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score
We desperately need a top 5 NT. Our D would be instrumentally better everywhere w/ that one player.

For some reason we refuse to use a high draft pick for this position ever in the last probably 30 years.

If we started throwing some first round picks in the middle of our D line could go a long way and fixing the whole defense

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score
With the bucks starting center Ryan Jensen out with injury our d-line has an opportunity to flex its muscles in the first game of the season and get us on a good roll.

I am very much looking forward to seeing if they can take advantage of this opportunity and put Tom Brady back on his heels making him struggle.

If they can't we can just expect businesses usual. Hype boasting and no substance from a group of bottom of the barrel draft picks that we continue to roll the dice on and hope to hit big.

kskboys

Reaction score
ok 32 teams 100s of DL: and only 5 top DTs and we should have one. said 28 other teams LMAO..nice to dream..
Not dreaming. We pass them up prolifically. Gotta pay more attention, dude.

DJ Reader was a FA when we went out and signed Poe/McCarthy/Canady/Haha/Worley. Reader got around 13 mil/season, we spent more than that on several non contributors.

We don't' look at the NT position in FA or the draft.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hill has the ability to be a dominant UT. Only thing that keeps getting in the way is injuries. Well, that and his own head. Dude has rare explosiveness for his size, just needs to get his head straight.