Gallimore is better than Hill

cowboyz

Reaction score
but dont you think they drafted hill for a different scheme?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They base those on his playing time as well. He showed flashes when he was on the field, and the line got even worse after he went down. How much time has he played to show you how good he is. He is a KID playing MANS position. give time bro.
Flashes means almost never.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Flashes means almost never.

He didnt play last year. He was hurt in Game 3 or 4. What would you like for him to have shown you at this point. No one was making plays on defense early on, and he still sthowed flashes. Everyone aint gonna be Aaron Donald. I see you thrive on negativity.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He was rated the worst dt in the nfl actually. All we saw was him through the line once or twice. That’s it. The rest of the time he was getting pushed around like a rag doll. He isn’t strong enough in go’s upper body. If he is starting next year we are in big trouble.

This is patently false.. Poe, Gallimore and Crawford were all rated below him. So was Woods for that matter. I remember reading the ratings when one of the NFL guys posted the rankings on his twitter feed. All those guys were in the 90's while Hill was in the 70's. I might go ahead and spend the 40 bucks for the PFF suscription just so I can see what they really say instead of people quoting them all the time and having it turn out not to be true. I really don't understand why you insist on throwing out falsehoods the way you do.. Why do that? What does it accomplish?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He didnt play last year. He was hurt in Game 3 or 4. What would you like for him to have shown you at this point. No one was making plays on defense early on, and he still sthowed flashes. Everyone aint gonna be Aaron Donald. I see you thrive on negativity.

The interesting thing about Hill is that he is more than a year YOUNGER than Neville Gallimore. He has growing to do still. I think once his body fully matures he's gonne be a beast!

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Gallimore is the Canadian "Trash Can Full of Dirt" - we have been missing one of those for a long time. Built like a Fire Hydrant! Hope he can keep developing.

Verdict

Reaction score
He’s usually pretty extreme in his position on things.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So sick and tired of the word decent. It means nothing. Hill was terrible. Look it up, he was the worst rated dt in the nfl. Something like 119th rated.

He was terrible but hey, he was on the field and that's more than people expected so bathe him in anointing oil.

This team needs a complete overhaul at DT.

tico

Reaction score
I'm glad someone is taking the most of an given opportunity . He wants to start.... every player should feel this way when they are putting on thatvStar

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Hill showed flashes. If gallimore can continue to developer you’ve got a very solid 3T rotation for 2021. Still have to address the other DT spot.

Still need a LEGIT NT/1T...Woods is better as a backup in my opinion.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Already. Facts
It's no coincidence Gallimore has been trash (and couldn't get snaps with Hill healthy) all year then with Woods and Ankou splitting snaps next to him he excelled.
Both those young guys will be fine if we do the job required next to them.

FaSho

Reaction score
Unreal how the first game he starts he does this well. Against the 8-0 Steelers. If he can stay healthy it’s going to be great.

Not just that, but he worked Pouncey pretty good, and I'm pretty sure I saw him pancake him once!

conner01

Reaction score
Gallimore was really good today. His future is looking bright. Notice how the run defense has looked better since he was given a bigger role?
He’s a penetrating DT
He gets in the backfield
Poe is a sponge, he catches the blocker and stumbles backwards
Best decision of the season was cutting poe

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Id hope so, seeing as how he's two years older.

Creeper

Reaction score
Gallimore is a strong guy and that's what they have been missing. Hill is going to become a 3rd down DT once Crawford is gone and he might be good in that role.

The run defense was much better but it was not just Gallimore. It was also Randy Gregory. Gregory is not like Robert Quinn who is one dimensional. Gregory can play the run and rush the passer. If could just eliminate the really dumb penalties he could be a force on the defense.

I noticed they were double teaming Gallimore at times. That is exactly what we need. A DT who takes up two blockers. But it is one game. The Steeler gave up on the run early. They hardly ran the ball in the second half. It was clear to me they were protecting Ben because he couldn't move. It looked like the Cowboys were afraid the Steelers were going to set up a long pass with all the short passes, but I think they were just protecting Ben.