Twitter: Gallimore Out 4-6 Weeks

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Based on the Cowboys training staff track record, he won't be able to walk for two months. It's unfortunate Hill is an abject failure in every way because this would be his shot otherwise. My guess is they'll start tinkering with lineups, including Urban inside, and wait for cuts.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I'll take it!!!!

Yeah I'll take it too but,......Arrrgh! I really hated to see that happen to Gallimore. I have high hopes for Neville Gallimore that he turns out to be an excellent DT, and this year should be the year for it. Good luck Neville, we're pull'n for ya!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dodged a bullet and will give us more time to evaluate our depth.

Now that you mention it, maybe it was staged for just that purpose!
Is it remotely possible I'm, somehow, onto something, here? :omg:

Last edited:

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
No one knows the time frame for how long he will be out. 1 article says 6-8 weeks another says 4-6 weeks and another says 2-3 weeks They need to make up their minds . We need a new one that says 5-7 weeks.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
No one knows the time frame for how long he will be out. 1 article says 6-8 weeks another says 4-6 weeks and another says 2-3 weeks They need to make up their minds . We need a new one that says 5-7 weeks.

He might possibly be back in a month or so, if the MRI results are accurate. It concluded that there's no structural damage. ;)

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yeah I'll take it too but,......Arrrgh! I really hated to see that happen to Gallimore. I have high hopes for Neville Gallimore that he turns out to be an excellent DT, and this year should be the year for it. Good luck Neville, we're pull'n for ya!
Definitely.....but as I posted in the game thread....week 12 popped into my head immediately.

I was really thinking he may be able to take a big step this season as well, and at least it's not lost.

Easier to keep up w conditioning when it's not a leg injury also.

It's about best case.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Four to six weeks is a long time to do without someone who should be valuable, otherwise!

I'm thinking a dislocated elbow is likely difficult to overcome 100% in a lesser time span. :oops:
The season is about 4 weeks away.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Pretty much what I said in the other threads about his injuries. Hyperextension or dislocation without fracture is usually 2-3 weeks to recover and a couple more weeks to strengthen.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Now I'm seeing 6-8 weeks, so we probably won't see him until October. Drafted two DTs and it looks like they'll be needed.

Play them, don't waste time on some over-the-hill guy just looking for a paycheck.

FaSho

Reaction score
I dislocated my left elbow twice, and took about 6 weeks to heal each time.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I dislocated my left elbow twice, and took about 6 weeks to heal each time.

Ouch -- but were you in as good a shape as Gallimore?! There's a pregnant question for ya! o_O

On second thought, maybe this situation will work out for the best. We'll have time to adjust. :)

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Does smith wear that brace to protect his? I think I heard them say it was for a knee. lol, maybe gal could use one too when he comes back?

Sydla

Reaction score
Now I'm seeing 6-8 weeks, so we probably won't see him until October. Drafted two DTs and it looks like they'll be needed.

Play them, don't waste time on some over-the-hill guy just looking for a paycheck.

Recipe for disaster. DT play was questionable before Gallimore got hurt. Counting on a mid round and late round DT to fix what ails us is the same kind of logic used when we convinced ourselves that we could win with a WR corps of Hurns, Beasley, etc.