Twitter: Gallimore Out 4-6 Weeks

basel90

Reaction score
Great news . The defense needs him . He was in a great shape

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This time frame provides the perfect excuse for Stephen Jones to do absolute zero at DT.

But, he has got this.

Hope is a strategy.

XUdOII5.gif

Silverstar

Reaction score
Tap the brakes folks...Gallimore got a whopping 0.5 sacks last year.
He'll need 7 sacks just to match what Collins (5 and 2.5) did his first two years.
He WAS drafted to replace Maliek Collins correct??

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
No one knows the time frame for how long he will be out. 1 article says 6-8 weeks another says 4-6 weeks and another says 2-3 weeks They need to make up their minds . We need a new one that says 5-7 weeks.
Gallimore is young, and young heals quicker.. banking on turning this in 3 weeks,, go to asia and rub some secret sauce on it, be back and ready to roll in TB.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Recipe for disaster. DT play was questionable before Gallimore got hurt. Counting on a mid round and late round DT to fix what ails us is the same kind of logic used when we convinced ourselves that we could win with a WR corps of Hurns, Beasley, etc.
Well people still feeling the burn from the McCoy, Poe experience, so there is no confidence in vet DTs,, saw McCoy standing on the sideline during the Raiders vs Seattle game, and the announcer is giving the raiders props for finding a such a gold nugget. :D
So there you go, and as another thread yesterday stated who the top DTs available at this time are,, I would be surprised if they made a move for one at this point,, but they will bring one or two in once teams start making required cuts.
The depth now is basically Watkins, Urban, Hill, and Bohanna,, offensive coordinators are laughing and having beers over this exploitation.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Recipe for disaster. DT play was questionable before Gallimore got hurt. Counting on a mid round and late round DT to fix what ails us is the same kind of logic used when we convinced ourselves that we could win with a WR corps of Hurns, Beasley, etc.
Exactly! The Cowboys just don't believe in spending money or high first round draft picks on that position.

FaSho

Reaction score
Ouch -- but were you in as good a shape as Gallimore?! There's a pregnant question for ya! o_O

On second thought, maybe this situation will work out for the best. We'll have time to adjust. :)

First time I was 10... lol

2nd time I was 15 and in great shape, but who knows how that affects anything. I'm sure some people just heal faster than others.

Creeper

Reaction score
The hobbit says 6-8.

Helman is saying 6-8 weeks too, on DallasCowboys.com. If that is the real prognosis then I don't see how it is best case. Worst case would have been ligament damage and he required surgery - out for the year. Best case would have been a sprain and he misses the rest of preseason. It sounds to me like second to worst case if it is going to be 8 weeks.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Assuming Dak will be available, this is the most serious blow we have suffered. He was going to play a significant role for us this year. I'm not sure being back & being at full strength are the same thing. I wouldn't see how. This is going to put us in a bind on the interior which has been our biggest weakness for years.