Gallimore vs Osa, who will be better?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
My money's on Gallimore. He's got the speed and size both. Gallimore should be coming on this year.

Last edited:

Jbone100

Reaction score
"Long arms" LOL "Swiss Army Knife" LOL "Tyrone Crawford Type" LOL

Wow, you guys just eat up whatever the coaches say and adopt it almost word for word. Always get a kick out of that.
He literally has measurably long arms. “Swiss Army Knife” was communicating that he had some position versatility... the point being that this adds value to the team but he may be asked to move around while Gallimore focuses on being the best 3-tech he can be. Is it your opinion that those statements are inaccurate? Or is it that you don’t think these things matter? I agree that our coaches seemingly over prioritized arm length and talked about it excessively, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t matter at all.

DanA

Reaction score
I don't care how strong Osa looked in college, when he comes up against the likes of Quinton Nelson at 285lbs he's going to get rag dolled, and there isn't nothing he can do about it until he builds that NFL size and weight room strength. So for at least the 2021 season, and possibly 2022 season I have Gallimore as likely to be the better player but 2023 is gonna be Osa's year to shine. I'm actually expecting a big season from Gallimore this year but I'm not sure he ever going to be a top DT in the NFL where as I could see Odigizuwa getting there (in time).

John813

Reaction score
Depends if Nick Hayden decides to come back and will this team to a SB alongside Jeff Heath.

Osa Odigalphabet and Gallimore are mere pawns.

CWR

Reaction score
Gallimore is starter material and has more of the size you need. Has skills as a pass rusher.

Osa has what? Undersized, doesnt do anything great. Rotation guy.

Slightly undersized, but freakishly strong. I'm curious to see how that factors into his play, but I imagine he steps in as a rookie and is already the strongest player on the team.

Beaker42

Reaction score
It's 2023, bros. Things are looking up. Jerry's older. McCarthy's fatter. Prescott's in prison. The Cowboys are emerging as serious contenders with a young QB and a developing defense. They even drafted a running back that they can find a helmet for.

But who is the better player on this new and improved defense? Gallimore or Odigizumomma?

Pick one and only one. I'll grade your response later.

Cowboys!
Gallimore. More explosive.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Right now Gallimore is the better rusher, where Osa is the better run defender. It will depend on how they develop. Which is the better prospect long term? I would lean more towards Osi as he good play multiple roles, where Gallimore is strictly just a 3T only.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I dont think Bohanna is a specialty role, camp will decide, but I bet he is fast tracked and will get his fair share of starting snaps.
He has the ability right now as a rook to push Hill, thats what a lot of negative dawgs are missing with the value of this draft class,, everyone looking for draft picks to replace roster
spots, im looking at this draft as everyone, even Hill has comp in camp now.
This was a roster push draft big time, comp all over this roster for playing time defensively.
Earn it or burn it now, loved this draft, holds nearly every position accountable, there is a reason why the vets met and decided it was in "their" best interest to attend optional OTAs.

Hill is a 3T, Bohanna is a 1T/NT. They arent really competing. Bohanna offers little other than a big clog in the middle. So passing downs he wont be on the field. We are talking possibly seeing him as the NT in a 3-4 alignment.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah, you're so smart. I hope we can all be as smart as your when we grow up

Not sure how smart has anything to do about it. Just find it funny that whatever the coaches say, some people will just start parroting it. This whole "long arms" thing is now the newest craze among fans because they kept saying it in the draft press conference.

Personally I want good football players. Long arms or not.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He literally has measurably long arms. “Swiss Army Knife” was communicating that he had some position versatility... the point being that this adds value to the team but he may be asked to move around while Gallimore focuses on being the best 3-tech he can be. Is it your opinion that those statements are inaccurate? Or is it that you don’t think these things matter? I agree that our coaches seemingly over prioritized arm length and talked about it excessively, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t matter at all.

Of course I know they said those things. Thats the point. If the coaches said the players have "wide feet" some fans would buy into it and start using it as evidence as to why these guys are going to be great.

Long arms CAN be an advantage but it doesnt mean you are a good football player because you have them. Being a Swiss Army Knife to me can mean you aren't great at anything.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Fully loaded baked potato with butter sour cream.cheese.chives and bacon bits and its not even close.

Like myself a nice creamy mashed taters with a little butter to be honest. Dip my steak in it, Turkey, or mix in the corn. More of a "swiss army knife" kind of potato if you know what I mean. :muttley:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Slightly undersized, but freakishly strong. I'm curious to see how that factors into his play, but I imagine he steps in as a rookie and is already the strongest player on the team.

And you know this because of his 225 reps?

John813

Reaction score
And you know this because of his 225 reps?

Not that I really care about Gallimore v Osa but Osa was a strong dude weight lifting wise. 717lb squat and 420lb bench

Dunno how that racks up versus the rest of the guys on this roster.

I've read Frederick squated 770lb in cheeseland which broke a school record.

Tyron Smith benches between 600-700lb according to a website we can't link to.

Jbone100

Reaction score
Of course I know they said those things. Thats the point. If the coaches said the players have "wide feet" some fans would buy into it and start using it as evidence as to why these guys are going to be great.

Long arms CAN be an advantage but it doesnt mean you are a good football player because you have them. Being a Swiss Army Knife to me can mean you aren't great at anything.
I get what you’re saying. I was using those statements to point out that despite both being 3Ts, they’re very different players, not to argue that they’re going to be great because of those things or because the coaches said them. In fact, I was using Swiss Army Knife as a reason Osa’s development could actually stall, because he’s being moved around and not mastering one thing (basically saying that I hope his development doesn’t follow in the footsteps of Crawford’s).

blueblood70

Reaction score
how about why choose maybe they both are better then HILL and play side by side in a lot of rotations.....I think the DL depth and options on group rotations are better then last year..

lost of experimenting this offseason will get DQ an idea of who to group together for situational football..