Gallimore's 1st step to QB is 1st step to Cowboys immortality

kskboys

Reaction score
Not sure about that. I don't really expect there to be much room in the rotation for him this year unless he just excels. Our run stuffers are Poe and Woods. Our pass rushers are McCoy and Crawford. He's got to be better at one of those jobs than those four to get much playing time. Or at least a better combination of pass rusher and run stopper, since that's ideal.

I think it will be difficult for either him or Hill to find playing time unless someone is hurt, which is essentially why Hill got to play last year.
If our staff doesn't limit the snaps of the old guys, McCoy and Poe, then they are just as dumb as the last staff.

Neville needs to be one of the guys who gives the old guys a breather. Doesn't have to be better, just has to be able to hold his own.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Dallas was fortunate enough to acquire him in the 3rd round. It was applauded as a steal, in itself. He'll be a 3-tech DT with the Cowboys, since his upside as a pass rushing DT is considerable. Being a rookie, it'll require time to develop his skill in the pro game. If Gallimore and Hill are destined to see any degree of action in 2020, it'll likely be in a rotational role, with Poe and McCoy as the starters.
So true, but an injury or 2 and they will move right up in the rotation. Not wishing for any injuries but they are inevitable.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
So true, but an injury or 2 and they will move right up in the rotation. Not wishing for any injuries but they are inevitable.

I'm looking at Gallimore as one very promising to be retained and T. Hill to be the opposite.

The number of DTs available are plentiful and Hill will be required to make a huge leap. o_O

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
Dallas was fortunate enough to acquire him in the 3rd round. It was applauded as a steal, in itself. He'll be a 3-tech DT with the Cowboys, since his upside as a pass rushing DT is considerable. Being a rookie, it'll require time to develop his skill in the pro game. If Gallimore and Hill are destined to see any degree of action in 2020, it'll likely be in a rotational role, with Poe and McCoy as the starters.

Given the show of display Gallimore put on at both NFL Combine and Senior Bowl, and the demand for
the position he plays, i am still very surprised he fell into the 3rd round for our taking.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
One more point -- I was really impressed a while ago, reading about how Neville Gallimore has an 800-lb. squat lift to his credit. It's no small wonder why he has such an explosive first step and also why o-linemen have so much trouble keeping him in check. Sheesh -- I'm really looking forward to seeing him when he lines up on the defensive line. Hopefully, his run plugging will improve to match his pass rush in the months to come. His strength and quickness should really stand him in good stead, by the looks of things. He's quite the stout (6-2, 305) fireplug . . . :D

The kind of guy who can give you some pass rush push at DT even with limited technique.

KD Drummond

Reaction score
I Just thought "The first step to immortality" line was a little overdramatic.

Imagine calling an article crap because you thought the headline was overdramatic. Yikes.

The article touches on why the Cowboys felt the need to draft Gallimore, failure of Hill to impress- Collins leaving, youth behind veteran signings... Speaks about what he does best. Gathered full game film from a college contest, a full interview and an in-depth film breakdown of his characteristics all in one place. Has a leading draft evaluation. Snap count projection and a description of the other DTs who he will be competing against.

Yet it's a crap article? You do damage to this site's reputation with comments like that.

All of the player profile series have optimistic headlines for players- because yes genius. The goal is to have people open an article and read the content. That's why it was written. First step to immortality is saying that if he's going to be a great, it will all start with his best characteristic, his first step.

kskboys

Reaction score
Given the show of display Gallimore put on at both NFL Combine and Senior Bowl, and the demand for
the position he plays, i am still very surprised he fell into the 3rd round for our taking.
Yup. Him falling was just stupid. Dude should've been a 1st rounder.

We fiiiiiinally got a steal by not ignoring the DT position!!!! (Or by getting away from the stupid idea that all DT's have to be 6-5!!!!)

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Gallimore is a 1-for-1 replacement for Maliek Collins. They're the exact same player.

Who knows whether or not Gallimore is as disruptive in the NFL as a rusher.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Im trying very hard to be a less polarizing poster these days.
More interested in growing enormous tomatoes then arguing on a forum with posters that have an agenda to spew negativity.
My tomatoes are much more appreciative...lol

Suffice it to say -- we are nothing, if not opinionated. Ya gotta love it -- such spirited repartee! Great escape from the plague!:thumbup:

Oh, and congratulations on your green thumb, by the way! :D I tried growing watermelons as a youngster but they merely grew
approximately to the size of grapefruits! Bummer . . . :(

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Even with a crap article, its always good to get some player discussion going
do a search for the Gallimore vs Hill debate and the facts are Hill had a better college numbers, combine output and shows his first step is superiors yet hes considered a bust..hmm now this pick is supposed to be the next coming , setting up Gallimore for failure from fans perspective..

Hill still has shot with new staff and refreshed attitude to be good, hes getting destroyed because of where he was chosen given we had no first round pick and also a staff that didnt have clue and took Hill over possibly a better prospect for us..

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Gallimore is a 1-for-1 replacement for Maliek Collins. They're the exact same player.

Who knows whether or not Gallimore is as disruptive in the NFL as a rusher.

Whoa -- I guess it could possibly end up that way but I'm holding out hope that Sir Gallimore may be a bit healthier and more productive? :)

I think we'll see about that in the days, weeks, months and years to come. I'm guessing he might be somewhat stronger, too but we'll see.

Last edited:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Whoa -- I guess it could possibly end up that way but I'm holding out hope that Sir Gallimore may be a bit healthier and more productive? :)

I think we'll see about that in the days, weeks, months and years to come. I'm guessing he might be somewhat stronger, too but we'll see.
Collins has only missed 3 games in his entire career, and it doesn't get much more productive than ~4 sacks from the DT position. You hope that Gallimore becomes Collins.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Collins has only missed 3 games in his entire career, and it doesn't get much more productive than ~4 sacks from the DT position. You hope that Gallimore becomes Collins.

No, sir -- what I'm thinking is that Mr. Neville Gallimore is far healthier, more productive, stronger and a better pass rusher than Maliek was.

I was attempting to be less imposing than I really prefer to be in my current post but I've seen you're not budging from your guesswork. o_O

Last edited:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
No, sir -- what I'm thinking is that Mr. Neville Gallimore is far healthier, more productive, stronger and a better pass rusher than Maliek was.

I was attempting to be less imposing than I really prefer to be in my current post but I've seen you're not budging from your guesswork. o_O
And what I'm saying is that absolutely none of those things have been proven true in the NFL. He's not healthier, you don't get NFL players much healthier than Collins. It's not guesswork, Collins rarely missed games, and was a productive DT passrusher. It's factual.

That's also not to mention the fact that Collins (25, turns 26 next April) isn't even two years older than Gallimore (23, turns 24 in January). I'd hope that Gallimore looked stronger in college.