Twitter: Gallup Deal Nearing

JonesBoys

Reaction score
"Set off" by another man's refusal to get jabbed?

Are your panties in a bunch over the NFL dropping their
ridiculous rules applying to this subject as well?

I'd say Amari won that issue. Facts are on his side there.

Yea it cracks me up that people get triggered by other people who decided not to get it, It was all a sham as we are finding out.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Schultz and Wilson will be back IMO

They’ll draft a DE to replace 94 and keep 90

Agree on Wilson but not seeing Schultz. The tag deadline is Tues and we haven't a word about whether or there's any neg. From what I've heard/read, the tag for TEs at $10.8M is cheaper than his market value of $12M range. The fact there are only three days left tells me it's
unlikely.

I agree 24 is likely a DE but I think they draft a TE with a 2nd or 3rd round pick ( if Schultz doesn't return) and sign a low-level free agent WR. Even if we get Gallup signed long-term, there's still a chance starting the season with Lamb, Wilson and ????

Carson

Reaction score
Agree on Wilson but not seeing Schultz. The tag deadline is Tues and we haven't a word about whether or there's any neg. From what I've heard/read, the tag for TEs at $10.8M is cheaper than his market value of $12M range. The fact there are only three days left tells me it's
unlikely.

I agree 24 is likely a DE but I think they draft a TE with a 2nd or 3rd round pick ( if Schultz doesn't return) and sign a low-level free agent WR. Even if we get Gallup signed long-term, there's still a chance starting the season with Lamb, Wilson and ????
I just think teams really don’t let you know what’s going on with the tag until last minute. I respect what you’re saying and you are likely right.

My thoughts is losing your #1 WR and TE is a massive blow. Losing Gregory is tough, but I find his production easier to replicate with a draftee and a guy like Dante Fowler. I also find the transition to a rookie DE is much easier to find than a true new #1 TE.

I am sure they will tag one or the other. It’ll be a last minute decision

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I just think teams really don’t let you know what’s going on with the tag until last minute. I respect what you’re saying and you are likely right.

My thoughts is losing your #1 WR and TE is a massive blow. Losing Gregory is tough, but I find his production easier to replicate with a draftee and a guy like Dante Fowler. I also find the transition to a rookie DE is much easier to find than a true new #1 TE.

I hope you're right......

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Agree 100% but I see them actually drafting Gregory's replacement since it's stacked at the position. Remember the draft last year. We needed a starting CB and they admitted it was their first priority before settling on Parsons. This will be no different IMO, they look the replace DLaw or Gregory with 24 and like you said sign a guy such as Fowler.

Carson

Reaction score
:huh: Sean.......all signs point to 90 as a goner. Do you think he'll take a pay cut?
I think they will start to restructure soon. Cutting Cooper nets you +20 you didn’t have before and breaks you even. Restructuring a few now doesn’t hurt as much as it did a few weeks back.

You have guys like Smith, Collins, Dak etc to move around and not cripple you. These guys are also not going anywhere so it’s not as detrimental as cutting Cooper or Zeke

Gaede

Reaction score
I don't see how the team could possibly close when they're 6m a year off.

I don't see it happening.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
unlikely.

I'm against paying retail for Schultz, but a one-year franchise tag at $10.8M may make sense in terms of continuity for the offense and allowing a young player (draft pick) to have a year to develop.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Get er done.... Gallup,Lamb,Wilson,cheap vet or rookie. Fix the Oline.

This would force Lamb to put his money where his mouth is. I like it.

PS. Please get (SOMETHING) for coop.

Flamma

Reaction score
Well I say this….if Gallup goes out there and has a great season or two…I don’t see him or his camp being ok with the deal he signed. Seems like these deals aren’t worth the paper they are signed.

Has it been confirmed? I don't see him signing for 6M a year.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yea it cracks me up that people get triggered by other people who decided not to get it, It was all a sham as we are finding out.

Yeah, he was in an extremely low risk group. He didn't do anything, the league made the rules against him and players like him. Not everyone bends over.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I'll believe a reputable source as Calvin Watkins before an unknown source first. No talk about $$ as of yet!

Flamma

Reaction score
The Cowboys are going to end up paying this dude his market value of 11.5. Post injury, I wouldn't do it. But it's not my team. I think he can be replaced in the 3rd round. But Jerry always thinks this is their year to win the SB.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
The Cowboys are going to end up paying this dude his market value of 11.5. Post injury, I wouldn't do it. But it's not my team. I think he can be replaced in the 3rd round. But Jerry always thinks this is their year to win the SB.

I do think WR is deep this year…especially speed guys. I like Gallup but don’t want to pay a lot for partial seasons

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I hope Stephen doesn't pay anybody. pick up some scrubs what's the difference. one playoff wins and done, or no playoff win and done. lmao, no difference. use the money Stephen for a Jenny Craig membership. Dad can go to AAA too. daughter can get a facelift to fix her face from looking like jerry.