Twitter: Gallup destroyed Ramsey

MarcusRock

Reaction score
What he was doing wasn't trying to shed Gallup's arm. He was holding his arm in a way that Gallup wouldn't be able to remove his arm.

Oh I know he wasn't trying to shed Gallup's arm because a swat would have done that. But if Gallup put a hand on him to hold him back, Ramsey did the same in a different way in getting a backhand on Gallup's shoulder. Gallup never struggled in moving his arm and never even tried to until he pushed off. Could have been an attempt to hold but I think it was more to slow Gallup the way he was being slowed by Gallup's hand to his chest. It didn't look like an effective hold to me which is why I say Gallup could have done a swim move to get his hands in position. But Ramsey wasn't as beat as people make out so Gallup pushed off.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Oh I know he wasn't trying to shed Gallup's arm because a swat would have done that. But if Gallup put a hand on him to hold him back, Ramsey did the same in a different way in getting a backhand on Gallup's shoulder. Gallup never struggled in moving his arm and never even tried to until he pushed off. Could have been an attempt to hold but I think it was more to slow Gallup the way he was being slowed by Gallup's hand to his chest. It didn't look like an effective hold to me which is why I say Gallup could have done a swim move to get his hands in position. But Ramsey wasn't as beat as people make out so Gallup pushed off.
A non call in most games week one

cern

Reaction score
some here have already called for using gallup as trade bait, claiming there is no way we'll be able to afford him after having signed cooper. i don't think that's likely to happen. gallup is a young man on the rise. we'll find a way to sign him. we're nuts if we don't. great game against ramsey.

GMO415

Reaction score
MM himself referred to Gallup as a #1 WR and rightfully so.

quickccc

Reaction score
Once we see Gallup beating the opposition's No.1 lead CB ,..and especially the elite CB, then we will know that
he has finally arrived as a No.1 lead WR type ,such as McCarthy has implied.

i thought for sure that Jalen Ramsey would be assigned to Cooper all day, no matter where he lined up.
But to my surprise, much of Ramsey was on Gallup instead.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score

That was not a push off. 1. Look at Gallup's hand, ever seen anyone push off using the top of their hand instead of their palm? I haven't. 2. The movement from Ramsey is a good 2 steps after Gallup's arm is free, which is about the same time he realizes he was beat for what would be a game changing catch. Now, not hating on Ramsey, he did his best acting job and it worked. Good for him. But in no shape, form or fashion was that a push off by Gallup.

Flamma

Reaction score
know the plays got called back, bit can we just acknowledge that Gallup roasted the highest paid CB in the league? He has a very bright future.

Ramsey clearly put on an act for the trailing ref not able to keep up because his breathing was restricted. Gallup's hand wasn't even on his chest when Ramsey did his act. You have to give him credit though, it was very well played.

Right now I think Gallup is the best WR on the team. I'm not trying to take anything away from CeeDee. We just have to wait and see on him.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
That was not a push off. 1. Look at Gallup's hand, ever seen anyone push off using the top of their hand instead of their palm? I haven't. 2. The movement from Ramsey is a good 2 steps after Gallup's arm is free, which is about the same time he realizes he was beat for what would be a game changing catch. Now, not hating on Ramsey, he did his best acting job and it worked. Good for him. But in no shape, form or fashion was that a push off by Gallup.

This is why I make videos. Still shot is a bonus.

Video shows Ramsey leaning into Gallup and then get straightened up once Gallup pushes off. The photo shows the arm extension with an official looking right at it. There was another on the other side who threw the flag. No push-off?

Gallup-R.gif

Gallup-Push.jpg

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Right.....solid pass rush that resulted in no picks.....but Dak can't throw though lol.
Can't throw, isn't accurate, over paid (even even it was less then a million a year) can't make plays, can't read defenses, can't go through progressions....... the list goes on. Things get added to it everyday because Dak keeps proving them wrong

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak not throwing an INT counts as accuracy and a defense of his passing skills now even though he was garbage ok third down. Dak homers are way beyond left field with this dude, who it’s been pretty much well-known he doesn’t throw many INTs, because he takes no risks.

And guess what.. Those two passed were man coverage with no safety help. Not sure how Gallup totally roasted Ramsey, who basically had him with no safety help..

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This is why I make videos. Still shot is a bonus.

Video shows Ramsey leaning into Gallup and then get straightened up once Gallup pushes off. The photo shows the arm extension with an official looking right at it. There was another on the other side who threw the flag. No push-off?

Gallup-R.gif

Gallup-Push.jpg
Absolutely, no push off. If anything, it should have been defensive pass interference. Ramsey was arm-barring and holding Gallup all the way downfield. Very easy to see. The officials clearly helped out the Rams on that play.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Absolutely, no push off. If anything, it should have been defensive pass interference. Ramsey was arm-barring and holding Gallup all the way downfield. Very easy to see. The officials clearly helped out the Rams on that play.

Again, the evidence is there. I stopped the video right after the pushoff so people don't get distracted by Ramsey's acting and can zero in on how Gallup stood up Ramsey who was leaning into him with a push. Ramsey didn't need to act because it was indeed a pushoff and a full extension of the arm. What you say about Ramsey's actions ignore Gallup's hand in Ramsey's chest to which Ramsey responded. All those things are fine until you extend an arm to push off. An arm bar is across the body to pin an arm or both. No such thing happened. No hold is present either. Ramsey curled his arm underneath Gallup's after Gallup put and hand in his chest and never took it off.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Again, the evidence is there. I stopped the video right after the pushoff so people don't get distracted by Ramsey's acting and can zero in on how Gallup stood up Ramsey who was leaning into him with a push. Ramsey didn't need to act because it was indeed a pushoff and a full extension of the arm. What you say about Ramsey's actions ignore Gallup's hand in Ramsey's chest to which Ramsey responded. All those things are fine until you extend an arm to push off. An arm bar is across the body to pin an arm or both. No such thing happened. No hold is present either. Ramsey curled his arm underneath Gallup's after Gallup put and hand in his chest and never took it off.
No, it was NOT a full extension of the arm. Gallup's arm never fully extended. There was bend in his elbow. Plus, you're still ignoring the fact Ramsey was arm-barring and holding Gallup's arm all the way downfield. Should have been defensive pass interference only.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't understand why Lamb did that. That was a bad penalty, and a worse block. Why would you block him into your own guy?
I watched the replay of that block and I didn’t see a clear block in the back whatsoever. That penalty was erroneous as well.