Twitter: Gallup passes physical

rags747

Reaction score
He fogged the mirror, big deal. No way he is back to 100% anytime soon!

glimmerman

Reaction score
It would not surprise me to him play a few snaps........in other words, I can see him playing part time the first couple of games before returning to the starting lineup.
We will get more news later. If he pads up for the game I would be shocked.

luckyman76

Reaction score
Lol.. what’s the odds they make him a game time announcement.

Nothing would make me happier than to see him out there but he is not in game shape and will not be for at least a month. Missing the first 3-4 games is still the most likely prognosis. Running a few routes out of pads is night and day from game shape. Everyone should be ecstatic that he is healed and healthy and ready to go for the season. He needs time breaking off of that knee and working on cutting and balance to get fully comfortable with the lateral stresses on that knee. Also have to make sure BOTH legs are in optimal condition to ensure he hasn't been favoring one leg over another and that there are not any weakened areas in his repaired leg that had undo stress that can lead to secondary injuries like the hammy, calf, quad, ankle/achilles area. It takes time when people get active again after these injuries to feel normal again and have the same strength and burst. PT doesn't reveal these weaknesses.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Nothing would make me happier than to see him out there but he is not in game shape and will not be for at least a month. Missing the first 3-4 games is still the most likely prognosis. Running a few routes out of pads is night and day from game shape. Everyone should be ecstatic that he is healed and healthy and ready to go for the season. He needs time breaking off of that knee and working on cutting and balance to get fully comfortable with the lateral stresses on that knee. Also have to make sure BOTH legs are in optimal condition to ensure he hasn't been favoring one leg over another and that there are not any weakened areas in his repaired leg that had undo stress that can lead to secondary injuries like the hammy, calf, quad, ankle/achilles area. It takes time when people get active again after these injuries to feel normal again and have the same strength and burst. PT doesn't reveal these weaknesses.

He does more we can’t see. Closed practices he maybe starting to run routes lightly.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He does more we can’t see. Closed practices he maybe starting to run routes lightly.
2:11 p.m. – Michael Gallup isn't putting a timetable on his return to practice and game action.

"That's all up to the trainers," he said at last week's Season Kickoff Event.

"I'm back to running routes now, actually getting to catch balls now," he said. "There's not a whole lot more I've really got to do."

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Can't see him playing in the first game. He pretty much ruled that out himself. Maybe the trainers and coaches feel differently, but I think they'll be careful about it. But it's certainly good news and fits with the idea of not putting him on PUP, which would force him to miss the first four games.
there is no "Being careful." Dude gets ran through a series of tests. If he passes all the tests and they say its 100% then it is 100%. Thats it. Have any of you ever had an injury before?

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Michael Gallup. Football player. A man barely able to walk. We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make the world’s first bionic knee. Michael Gallup’s knee will be that knee. Better than he was before. Better. Stronger. Faster.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
there is no "Being careful." Dude gets ran through a series of tests. If he passes all the tests and they say its 100% then it is 100%. Thats it. Have any of you ever had an injury before?

The injury recovery is 100 percent, but that doesn't mean you don't have to build back up to game speed, taking hits, etc. Conditioning is part of the purpose of camp, and you can't get all the conditioning you need for playing football from rehab. How many players have we seen reinjure themselves because they're 100 percent but not ready yet to jump right into game action?

Just last year, Dak suffered a calf injury to the same leg to which he had suffered the ankle injury the year before. Prescott believes the second injury was related to the first, and so do I, even though he was 100 percent cleared for his comeback from the first injury.