Twitter: Gallup passes physical

erod

Reaction score
The injury recovery is 100 percent, but that doesn't mean you don't have to build back up to game speed, taking hits, etc. Conditioning is part of the purpose of camp, and you can't get all the conditioning you need for playing football from rehab. How many players have we seen reinjure themselves because they're 100 percent but not ready yet to jump right into game action?

Just last year, Dak suffered a calf injury to the same leg to which he had suffered the ankle injury the year before. Prescott believes the second injury was related to the first, and so do I, even though he was 100 percent cleared for his comeback from the first injury.
No starters are taking hits at game speed. Nor are they conditioned. They do that in season.

Training camp is like Disneyland these days.

J-man

Reaction score
Although I'm very happy to hear this news, I'm also very concerned.

As a man who has personally torn both of his ACL's in the past, (I currently have a cadaver ligament in the left knee and zero acl on the right) I just think this may be a little too soon. After all it's not like he's just going to be walking around on it. He's going to be playing NFL football, as a WR no less. I know everyone is different and that time heals all wounds, but this doesn't seem like enough time to be doing all that will be required on a knee reconstructed <7 months ago.

I really don't want to see him go down partially through the season and have to do that all over again. Not to mention the fact we'd be seriously hurting at WR for the remainder of the year.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Would not be surprised to see him in jersey standing on sidelines and would not be surprised to see him in pads on the field on first down..

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
That's wonderful news. I'm very fond of this young man & wish him another great season.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The injury recovery is 100 percent, but that doesn't mean you don't have to build back up to game speed, taking hits, etc. Conditioning is part of the purpose of camp, and you can't get all the conditioning you need for playing football from rehab. How many players have we seen reinjure themselves because they're 100 percent but not ready yet to jump right into game action?

Just last year, Dak suffered a calf injury to the same leg to which he had suffered the ankle injury the year before. Prescott believes the second injury was related to the first, and so do I, even though he was 100 percent cleared for his comeback from the first injury.

Daks injury happened in what? week 6 or 7? BS it was related to his ankle. I actually broke an ankle in 5 places and had surgery with pins installed. When it was healed, it was healed.

Camp??? You do remember a few years bck... I cant remember the player. Dude held out, didnt attend a day of camp nd showed up and balled out. These guys are in shape....its what they do. Camp is very overrated.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Is it just me or does putting him on the 53 instead of the PUP List seem like little more than just trying to justify not bringing in a WR...

RonnieT24

Reaction score

People very often confuse "fully healed" with "back to 100%." An athlete can absolutely be 100% healed but it literally took years to build their bodies to the point that it could perform at an elite level. That doesn't come back in a few weeks. It takes months.. sometimes years.. The longer they are unable to train at their elite level the longer it takes to get back there. The muscles around damaged joints need to first be brought back to full strength then re-trained to perform at the highest level. I would love to see Gallup back out there week 1.. but playing the long game means waiting.. If sitting him weeks 1 and 2 means we get him at 100% for weeks 3-18 then I'm good with that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm not sold that Gallup will be in the lineup week 1 but I firmly believe he will be in the lineup by week 2 or week 3

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Daks injury happened in what? week 6 or 7? BS it was related to his ankle. I actually broke an ankle in 5 places and had surgery with pins installed. When it was healed, it was healed.

Camp??? You do remember a few years bck... I cant remember the player. Dude held out, didnt attend a day of camp nd showed up and balled out. These guys are in shape....its what they do. Camp is very overrated.

Some players do fine without camp. Some do not. There's literally years of evidence of that.

Dak's injury being related to his leg partway through the season is because he was favoring his injury. Just because a player is physically recovered does not mean he is mentally recovered. The ankle injury was gruesome and a first for Dak, so naturally the tendency is to try to protect it (such as not running much). This leave you open to a new injury such as a strain because you are using your muscles differently.

Again, being cleared to play doesn't mean being ready to play. Two different things.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I hear tell you can be banned from this site for such and egregious transgression..
If I get banned for being happy about a very good player, one we need desperately, returning earlier than expected, than I will gladly take my place on the bench good sir.
:D

Reid1boys

Reaction score
People very often confuse "fully healed" with "back to 100%." An athlete can absolutely be 100% healed but it literally took years to build their bodies to the point that it could perform at an elite level. That doesn't come back in a few weeks. It takes months.. sometimes years.. The longer they are unable to train at their elite level the longer it takes to get back there. The muscles around damaged joints need to first be brought back to full strength then re-trained to perform at the highest level. I would love to see Gallup back out there week 1.. but playing the long game means waiting.. If sitting him weeks 1 and 2 means we get him at 100% for weeks 3-18 then I'm good with that.

Clearly took a lifetime to build up Brady's body.

5574ec60-69e7-11eb-8276-adeef0a14870_800_420.jpeg