Signed by Cowboys Gallup signs deal

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Now you get Wilson back and we are good to go. All you bashes can suck it. They played this well. Cooper gone with no dead money, keep Gallup Schultz and hourly Wilson is next.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Wow if true there huge…I thought our resident doctors said he wouldn’t even start the season healthy.

All reports I have read say he will be 100 percent by August. Had the surgery in early February I think with a six month recovery time. I expect he'll spend training camp on the resistance cords with the trainers but there's no reason to believe he won't be out there week one in September.

RS12

Reaction score
Right now not crazy about it. I dont trust him to stay healthy. That will determine how good a deal it is or isnt.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The $62 mill means nothing, it could all be funny money for all we know.

Edit...............looks like the guaranteed money is $27 mill, so basically $5 mill a year cap charge. Thats actually a pretty good deal, if his knee is shot we can get out of the deal without too much of a cap hit and if he is good to go its actually a bargin.

Gaede

Reaction score
I'm happy he signed . Was worried he'd play hard ball after we traded Coop.

Still need another reciever, probably in the first 3 rounds

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Number is too big. I don’t think he’s earned that payday

Gallup was an 1100 yard guy in 2019. In 2020 he slipped due to Lamb's arrival and last year he only played nine games. With Cooper gone Gallup is going to be the number two receiver again and his production should be back to where it was a couple years ago.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yaaaay! Something positive for the first time in weeks. If not for the injury, we would've lost Gallup too.

The Cowboys wouldn’t have traded Cooper if they thought they would also lose Gallup. No way could they afford to lose both. They would’ve done what they had to do to sign Gallup. He had a calf injury earlier in the season that cost him a number of games. He’s had a few injuries so no one was going to break the bank for him. He’s yet to prove he can be a number one receiver.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I love the player from the slot, but Lamb has been a slot guy so far. Do we think he’s a top outside guy or do we find a WR on the outside and keep Lamb in the slot? I’m usually a best player available guy, but I’m not sure I want another WR in round one when a top G or C may be there.
They don’t need a WR in round 1. Pickens and Tolbert are my guys in round 2 if we go that route.