Gallup To Bears as a FA?

exciter

Reaction score
Idk his gripe, you need more than 1 wr for every team. Brady the goat is stacked at wr and the, Rodgers has Adams the best wr in the NFL and he wants and needs more help. It's a passing league.

They went and got Josh Allen more than 1 wr, Herbert has multiple. It's just how it is now.
The issue with Gallup is that his ceiling is that of a really good #2 and he is now essentially our #3. He’s going to get paid like mid level #1 by someone, which will most likely land a 3rd round comp. pick. Use the pick to move up if necessary but there’s no reason for this team to be black balled into giving a #2 receiver #1 receiver money!

Ekspozed

Reaction score
The issue with Gallup is that his ceiling is that of a really good #2 and he is now essentially our #3. He’s going to get paid like mid level #1 by someone, which will most likely land a 3rd round comp. pick. Use the pick to move up if necessary but there’s no reason for this team to be black balled into giving a #2 receiver #1 receiver money!
Thats not what I was talking about at all.
He was trying to diminish Dak because Dak needs wrs. All QBs need wrs.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Coop on the tail end of his career? He’s only 27. lol

Yes, but not every player can hold up to the rigors of the NFL. He may be an "old" 27.

And look at his stats this year - 46 receptions, 5 tds in 10 games. Not great. Certainly not $20,000,000 worth.

Possibly he is already wearing down.

We'll see how he does the rest of the year...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yes, but not every player can hold up to the rigors of the NFL. He may be an "old" 27.

And look at his stats this year - 46 receptions, 5 tds in 10 games. Not great. Certainly not $20,000,000 worth.

Possibly he is already wearing down.

He’s had some nagging injuries but nothing serious. I don’t see him as an old 27. Even when not 100% healthy he performs at a high level. The Cowboys spread the ball around with the caliber of receivers they have so one receiver isn’t going to get a brunt of the catches every week. Cooper has made some big plays for us and when he’s not on the field we’re not as good.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He’s had some injuries but nothing serious. I don’t see him as an old 27. The Cowboys spread the ball around with the caliber of receivers they have so one receiver isn’t going to get a brunt of the catches every week. Cooper has made some big plays for us and when he’s not on the field we’re not as good.

No serious injuries, agreed, but all last year he was in and out of games, "played through" injuries. Which diminished his effectiveness.

And I would suggest that if were really great, he would get the "brunt" of catches. Don't forget, Gallup was out for 7 games, again, if he's that good, why didn't he get more throws? Isn't he supposed to be a "top" receiver? Or are Wilson, Brown and Turner as good as Cooper?

Don't misunderstand me, I like Cooper, and I do think he's a very good receiver. I hope Dallas can get him to re-work his contract so that they can keep him and also sign Gallup. But $20 mil is a lot for a guy who catches 4.6 passes a game and 1 td every other game..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No serious injuries, agreed, but all last year he was in and out of games, "played through" injuries. Which diminished his effectiveness.

And I would suggest that if were really great, he would get the "brunt" of catches. Don't forget, Gallup was out for 7 games, again, if he's that good, why didn't he get more throws? Isn't he supposed to be a "top" receiver? Or are Wilson, Brown and Turner as good as Cooper?

Don't misunderstand me, I like Cooper, and I do think he's a very good receiver. I hope Dallas can get him to re-work his contract so that they can keep him and also sign Gallup. But $20 mil is a lot for a guy who catches 4.6 passes a game and 1 td every other game..

What’s made our offense so good is utilizing all our weapons at receiver. One week it might be Amari, the next week it might be Lamb having a big game and the next week it might be Gallup having a big game. In the one game Amari missed against KC neither Lamb or Gallup stepped up. When you have a lot of talent at one position trying to force-feed one player isn’t the way to go. Having Amari on the field makes everything work. When he’s not making a play he opens up opportunities for the other receivers.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

And look at his stats this year - 46 receptions, 5 tds in 10 games. Not great. Certainly not $20,000,000 worth. Possibly he is already wearing down.
:clap: Exactly!

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
What’s made our offense so good is utilizing all our weapons at receiver. One week it might be Amari, the next week it might be Lamb having a big game and the next week it might be Gallup having a big game. In the one game Amari missed against KC neither Lamb or Gallup stepped up. When you have a lot of talent at one position trying to force-feed one player isn’t the way to go. Having Amari on the field makes everything work. When he’s not making a play he opens up opportunities for the other receivers.

You don't pay a receiver $20 million a year to "open up opportunities for other receivers". And spreading the ball around is good, but again, if a receiver is really good, he will get the most passes. People (well some at least) complained about Witten getting the ball "force fed" to him, but the undisputed fact is that he was nearly always open. Open receivers get the ball. Now Amari is not a secondary receiver as the tight end is in most offensive schemes, but that doesn't change the fact that Amari is supposed to be a fantastic receiver, spreading the ball around or not he should get more catches...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You don't pay a receiver $20 million a year to "open up opportunities for other receivers". And spreading the ball around is good, but again, if a receiver is really good, he will get the most passes. People (well some at least) complained about Witten getting the ball "force fed" to him, but the undisputed fact is that he was nearly always open. Open receivers get the ball. Now Amari is not a secondary receiver as the tight end is in most offensive schemes, but that doesn't change the fact that Amari is supposed to be a fantastic receiver, spreading the ball around or not he should get more catches...

He doesn’t just open up opportunities for other receivers he makes plays and he makes big plays! Stop complaining, he’s a great player.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He doesn’t just open up opportunities for other receivers he makes plays and he makes big plays! Stop complaining, he’s a great player.

Great player? If he is he's not showing it, I repeat, 46 catches and 5 tds. He's 35th in stats this year. And as far as having other receivers, Justin Jefferson plays on a team with Adam Thielen, and he still has 85 catches for 1.288 yards and 8 tds.

And I'm not complaining, as I said I hope they can restructure his contract and keep him, he is valuable. But he's not playing like one of the best receivers in the league this year, I'm sorry, he's just not...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Great player? If he is he's not showing it, I repeat, 46 catches and 5 tds. He's 35th in stats this year. And as far as having other receivers, Justin Jefferson plays on a team with Adam Thielen, and he still has 85 catches for 1.288 yards and 8 tds.

And I'm not complaining, as I said I hope they can restructure his contract and keep him, he is valuable. But he's not playing like one of the best receivers in the league this year, I'm sorry, he's just not...

He’s a great player and has made some big plays for us including this season. The strength of our team is our receiving corp. We spread the ball around so one receiver isn’t going to get a brunt of the catches. I’m not going waste my time arguing about one of the best players on this team. Our offense drops up when he’s not on the field. Not every team has the talent we do at wide receiver. If you can’t see that he’s a great player then you’re not a very astute fan.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He’s a great player and has made some big plays for us including this season. The strength of our team is our receiving corp. We spread the ball around so one receiver isn’t going to get a brunt of the catches. I’m not going waste my time arguing about one of the best players on this team. Our offense drops up when he’s not on the field. Not every team has the talent we do at wide receiver. If you can’t see that he’s a great player then you’re not a very astute fan.

Don't agree. Unless you're Bill Belichick or such you don't get to make judgments as to who's an "astute fan", so while it doesn't bother me there's no need for insults.

We don't agree, that's fine, would be pretty boring here if we all always agreed. I appreciate your opinion but that's as far as it goes...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Don't agree. Unless you're Bill Belichick or such you don't get to make judgments as to who's an "astute fan", so while it doesn't bother me there's no need for insults.

We don't agree, that's fine, would be pretty boring here if we all always agreed. I appreciate your opinion but that's as far as it goes...

I’m allowed to make judgments I’ve been following the Cowboys and the NFL since 1972. We’re all allowed to give our opinion and I don’t think any fan is very astute who judges Amari by total catches and receiving yards. I don’t believe there’s a team in the NFL that has three better top receivers than we do. We utilize all our weapons at the position. We spread the ball. We don’t agree and we’ll just leave it at that.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I’m allowed to make judgments I’ve been following the Cowboys and the NFL since 1972. We’re all allowed to give our opinion and I don’t think any fan is very astute who judges Amari by total catches and receiving yards. I don’t believe there’s a team in the NFL that has three better top receivers than we do. We utilize all our weapons at the position. We spread the ball. We don’t agree and we’ll just leave it at that.

I've been following the Cowboys and the NFL since 1968. Not like I am some clueless casual fan. So again you have no right to judge me.
But glad you at least agree we don't agree, time to move on to the next subject.

Hopefully we can both enjoy a Dallas win tomorrow...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I've been following the Cowboys and the NFL since 1968. Not like I am some clueless casual fan. So again you have no right to judge me.
But glad you at least agree we don't agree, time to move on to the next subject.

Hopefully we can both enjoy a Dallas win tomorrow...

I just gave you my own personal opinion. Hopefully the Cowboys show up tomorrow looking like a team that has a chance to compete for the Super Bowl.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I just gave you my own personal opinion. Hopefully the Cowboys show up tomorrow looking like a team that has a chance to compete for the Super Bowl.

You said, and I QUOTE: you’re not a very astute fan.

That's not an opinion, that's a judgment.

But nice attempt to "go through the back door" and try to prove you're right. Very clever.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You said, and I QUOTE: you’re not a very astute fan.

That's not an opinion, that's a judgment.

But nice attempt to "go through the back door" and try to prove you're right. Very clever.

Sorry but if you Google “opinion” it’s defined as a view or judgment. You shouldn’t let anyone’s view of your football IQ to get under your skin. Fans have their football IQ questioned on this board all the time. I’ve had mine questioned and it doesn’t bother me. If someone doesn’t think I know what I’m talking about all they have to do is check my posting history. I’m not trying to prove I’m right about anything I’m just giving you my opinion and our opinions differ. Time to move on and focus on tomorrow’s game.

Last edited: