Gallup to Raiders

dupree89

Reaction score
I had very high hopes for this guy. I thought he was going to be good. Real Good.

starfan1

Reaction score
I had very high hopes for this guy. I thought he was going to be good. Real Good.
Ya I agree but oh well. hindsight is 20/20 but we picked the wrong guy to pay. Thats a classic symtom of jerry disease

dupree89

Reaction score
Ya I agree but oh well. hindsight is 20/20 but we picked the wrong guy to pay. Thats a classic symtom of jerry disease
these are the ones though that I cant come down on the front office for. I 100% was thrilled with this guy early on and I thought he would blossom into a star WR. So I have to be fair. I can't change my tune because it didnt work out.

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
That injury really set him back. He's lucky to have played under the worst GM in the NFL and was able to get a decent contract when he did.

Creeper

Reaction score
That's a huge salary cut for him. I wish him well.

I don't understand why players ask for so much money only to be cut once they get it, then they take a lot less money to sign with another team. I guess getting one payday means a lot to them. Personally, I think there is value in longevity too.

MikeT22

Reaction score
these are the ones though that I cant come down on the front office for. I 100% was thrilled with this guy early on and I thought he would blossom into a star WR. So I have to be fair. I can't change my tune because it didnt work out.
I liked Gallup too. The problem was they opted to dump Cooper and give Gallup an extension even after he had just suffered a serious ACL injury.

That part isn’t hindsight, it was another poor decision.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Gallup has some value; Gallup will likely be better another year removed from his injury.

However.....

We paid him way too much and way too early while he was injured, at a time no one else would have paid him.
The front office pays the so so guys too early and too much, but they let the stars wait to see what the market brings and end up paying them more than they should have.

If he wasn't on such a ridiculous contract for a #3 receiver, I'm sure we would have kept him.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Just was never the same after the energy. Different culture out in Oakland with Antonio Pierce.....hope he sticks. Good guy and he'll always be a Cowboy.....rooting for him.
Really liked him and his skillset, some nice catches there on the sidelines. He was a lot of fun to watch. But never recovered 100% from his injury.

Don't mind him being gone but wish him all the best at the same time. Cya MG!

Flamma

Reaction score
I was a Gallup believer, but I think they saved like 8 million on the cap. He had to go.
They saved 800k on the cap. Cap hit, 13-8M, dead cap 13M. They saved money because it is spread out over 2 years. But they're still paying it.