Gallup's numbers should rival Cooper's

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
This is exactly what I always think on this topic. Amare explained it today that he was responsible for not digging hard enough early on some of his routes when he first got here and for running with his head up too early. He couldn’t get to the spot Dak was supposed to hit quickly enough. He said it was really unfair to Dak, too.

With Gallup, it’s probably a combination of things, but we’ll never know for sure and will just blame the QB instead because that’s easy.
Thank you for stepping up and providing an honest answer. It's a great question to ponder.

FalseStart75Pozderac

Reaction score
This is exactly what I always think on this topic. Amare explained it today that he was responsible for not digging hard enough early on some of his routes when he first got here and for running with his head up too early. He couldn’t get to the spot Dak was supposed to hit quickly enough. He said it was really unfair to Dak, too.

With Gallup, it’s probably a combination of things, but we’ll never know for sure and will just blame the QB instead because that’s easy.
Excl]

Excellent post. :hammer:

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Third round draft pick, rookie wide receiver Michael Gallup, is having a tremendous initial season, though you wouldn't know it looking at his numbers. While 27 receptions for 404 yards & 1 TD in 13 games is acceptable for a rookie, this is no ordinary rookie. Gallup has consistently beaten his man for deep balls, only to be overthrown by Dak Prescott. I have little doubt the kid would have caught almost every ball had it not been thrown ten yards past him. He would be looking at close to 40-750-6 if his QB threw to him with the same touch & accuracy he's had with Cooper. If that connection ever gets right, this offense will be very hard to beat, indeed.

Dak’s not flawless. Most 3rd year QB’s aren’t.

Re: Gallup, I saw the young man slow down twice on what should have been big plays just in the last game. Gallup is a rookie who needs more work on his go-get-it.

pansophy

Reaction score
Not all of those were on Dak.
All the ones I can remember were. Gallup should have several long TD catches too and he doesn't. Starting hitting both of those guys deep and defenses will have to stop stacking the box every play. Then this offense gets interesting.

In my mind that is the ultimate measure of Dak's progress. We will know he has become a formidable QB when defenses have to defend against the big play. At that point the debate about whether Dak is top 5 or top 20 won't matter -- he absolutely will be capable of bringing home a championship. With this young defense and running game we could go on a nice run of success.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
All the ones I can remember were. Gallup should have several long TD catches too and he doesn't. Starting hitting both of those guys deep and defenses will have to stop stacking the box every play. Then this offense gets interesting.

In my mind that is the ultimate measure of Dak's progress. We will know he has become a formidable QB when defenses have to defend against the big play. At that point the debate about whether Dak is top 5 or top 20 won't matter -- he absolutely will be capable of bringing home a championship. With this young defense and running game we could go on a nice run of success.

blueblood70

Reaction score
"in the discussion"
NO WAY , Yes Gallup has got some bad luck with mistimes big plays and has showed hes going to be a solid player but Baker is the best Offense Rookie this year by far IMO, Ridley might be second not sure havent followed all the rookies..

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
NO WAY , Yes Gallup has got some bad luck with mistimes big plays and has showed hes going to be a solid player but Baker is the best Offense Rookie this year by far IMO, Ridley might be second not sure havent followed all the rookies..
Gallup has a bright future.... with Noah Brown and Cedrick Wilson we have the makings of a solid, young WR corps

ondaedg

Reaction score
lol his numbers would not rival cooper's. cooper is one of the better receivers in the league. right now he's a far better route runner and just generally more savvy. dak has missed gallup plenty (and gallup stopped on the one sunday). but comparing gallup to cooper right now is silly. it's just wayyy more route options with cooper right now than with gallup. they aren't close in quality. it's not a mystery why cooper has better numbers in 6 games than gallup does all season. cooper is a better WR who gets open ridiculously consistently. gallup is just not that guy (yet?).

This. Those are low percentage throws that Dak is missing on. There's no doubt Dak is not good at them right now but to say Gallup is a top WR right now is just crazy. Yes Dak needs to improve and no Gallup isn't a top WR yet.