Gallup's numbers should rival Cooper's

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It looks like the speeds if Gallup and Cooper are different and Dak needs to pu a little air for Gallup where as with Cooper, he didn’t need to. They need to work on their chemistry
I don't think their route speeds are much different, but on a couple throws you could see Cooper kick in another gear to get to the ball.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
It's actually a joke. He studdered on a route 1 time and now people think that's been the problem all year and it couldn't be our QB. Buh buh buh he hits Cooper. Like that means anything.

Agreed somewhat ..
he overthrows .. yes
But it DOES mean something that he is hitting Cooper with some nice passes ... you can’t just dismiss it

I believe part of it is TRUST too .. for whatever reason he has a very solid rapport and Trust with Cooper already .. not sure he does yet with Gallup .. some QB / Reciever combos just click instantly .. others take time .. but truly what has helped most receivers over time has been solid TE play ...

Staubach had Dupree and Ditka.. then Smith
Aikman had Novacek
Romo had Witten
Etc etc

I think we underestimate what Dak doesn’t have this year .. I think him and Gallup will get on the same page .. and it could be amazing if / when it all clicks

Now I know you know football ..I get why most don’t trust Dak .. I just don’t think it’s fair how so many have just labeled Dak as they do on either side (for or against ) Only time will tell if he is a winner or a perennial loser .. in the mean time it isn’t going to matter what any of us think .. if the guy signing the paychecks says he is the cowboys qb.. well then he is and our choices are support and root for wins .. or whine and complain and be a miserable fan ... or just choose a different team to root for :..

birdwells1

Reaction score
I don't think its a faster thing. I think what Amari can do better is that he is a better route runner at this point in his career. They were explaining this on one of the morning shows this week but essentially, because Coop runs such good routes, he is usually more open or creating more space that allows for more room to react to balls that are off target. Now, this is totally plausible in terms of everything but 9 routes or go routes. I think there is definitely something to that. However, Dak misses Gallup on go routes a lot. I can't explain that, to be honest because that does not happen with Cooper. Maybe Coop has an extra gear and that allows him to make up the distance on a poorly thrown ball but even then, the ball is still poorly thrown if that is the case. Gallup is not slow, he's fast WR but, he may not have that ability to kick it in the way Coop can. Gallup may be just a guy who is fast and runs fast all the way with no other gear or he may simply not have the same acceleration but he is fast. It's weird.

Cooper has made adjustments on his go routes with the exception of the td in the end zone last week. Every other long pass he's made adjustments but we are acting like Dak throws have hit him in stride and all he had to do is run under them.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I think he's connected more with Coop on the left, but I can't say my memory is completely accurate on that.

Its connected with just about everywhere with Coop. However, he seems to overthrow a lot to the left side with Gallup.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
so we should have 2 wr's with numbers that would be better than any other wr in the league? really? most teams could say that on their qb's missed throws.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
It is known in football that the deep ball down the sideline is a safe easy throw to make.

When average fans like yourself are in awe over the guy that is throwing these type of passes the NFL guys look at being able to complete that pass as the bare minimum and are looking more at the deep outs on the sideline or routes over the middle of the field over a linebackers head and in front of the safety.

Jamarcus Russell can complete the deep sideline pass. Daunte Culpepper can complete this pass. It's not a big deal to rare back and throw the ball deep down the sideline. IT's all the in-between passes that are difficult.

Didn't Daunte Culpepper play with Randy Moss? If that's the case of course completing the deep pass was easy. That's a bad example.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
so we should have 2 wr's with numbers that would be better than any other wr in the league? really? most teams could say that on their qb's missed throws.

we should also have one of the best rookie WRs in recent memory that we got in the 3rd round.

i can't prove any of this with any kind of data. i just *know* it. that's way more valuable.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Gallup gets wide open down the sideline EVERY game. If Prescott hit him on half of those, the kid would have the best rookie receiving numbers in the league, because he's the best receiver drafted in April. Watch the next game. If Gallup doesn't get wide open down the sideline for a would be TD, I'll come on here & say you're a genius, which you're clearly not.

prove it. chart out the throws he missed. cut it by 50% (above league average completion % on throws 16+ yards, BTW).
if you're so sure about your statement, prove it. it should be easy.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
has ANYONE posted statistics to back up their argument in here? anywhere? or are we still going based on fee fees?

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
son is that you?....there is a lot I have to tell you about that night with your mom. don't be mad at her..... I like to make this work.....:D

still making arguments based on your fee fees instead of actual facts? awww. poor lil man can't understand data and statistics. maybe some day. i know it's hard for a certain type of person to understand things as simple as percentages.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
still making arguments based on your fee fees instead of actual facts? awww. poor lil man can't understand data and statistics. maybe some day. i know it's hard for a certain type of person to understand things as simple as percentages.
you don't want me to pull statistics..because you will be arse whipped and wouldnt' have a leg to stand on....you are much much better off to rely on your perception....its a happier place for you.

FYI,I am a statistician....so just for your own good....don't even try to go there because I will embarrass the pants off of you....crying doesn't become anyone...... but the thing about internet forums is it creates a lot of brave people who ain't that smart but try to act smart.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That was more cooper run after the catch than it was Dak Prescott and ball placement
Well he asked me of any passes of 10-20+ yards so I gave him one. Whether Cooper was responsible for it or not was not really the point. Jerry Rice made Montana look invincible at times. I don't hear anyone knocking Montana for that.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Stats don’t tell the whole story. The saints game, you look at the stats and score line and everyone with eyes can see that it wasn’t as close as the final score indicated. Look at stats and it should’ve been a no contest. Same against the eagles.

So stats... we’ve seen it on sports shows and I can’t for some reason find any article. Pulled some stats up on nfl.com under situational stats

Margin 15 +
Dak: 17/27 63%
Wentz: 72/108 66.7%
Cousins: 83/117 70.9%
Bree’s: 88/116 75.9%

I’m not going to write a whole article and from the top of my head and just googling those names came up. Get your own damn stats.