Game Day Menu thread

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
It's a road trip for me, at this point I can only tell you that there will be turkey, ham and brisket. There is always lots of sides and desserts and a boatload of booze.:confused: I'm just happy to have an invitation.:)

Let's go Cowboys, do you part to ensure we all have a great day. Make the raiders walk the plank:flagwave:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone :)

AyeAtey

Reaction score
The bird is in the oven, going to prep the crab cakes in a few so it can settle a bit;
Pairing in with some bubbly and Chard, maybe a Cab or red blend I picked up at Trader Joes as recommended by their in-house "sommelier" for laters. That' my contribution for lunch.

I've heard rib roast, sashimi, assorted cheeses, fruit pies, garlic smash potatoes and
who knows what other surprises we're in for from the others. Typical overload.

Enjoy be, be safe, easy does it if you're driving, wanna hear all your noise for the all the games to come.

Cheers!

Go Boys!

JustChip

Reaction score
It's a road trip for me, at this point I can only tell you that there will be turkey, ham and brisket. There is always lots of sides and desserts and a boatload of booze.:confused: I'm just happy to have an invitation.:)

Let's go Cowboys, do you part to ensure we all have a great day. Make the raiders walk the plank:flagwave:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone :)
Travel safe.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Low and slow roasted Turkey rotating every 2 hours for 12 hours to soak in all the juices and drippings. Maybe leave it breast side down a couple hours longer. I've never understood why people just throw in the Turkey breast side up and leave it. All you have is a big mushy mess at the bottom and a dry bird.

Tip: After you've patted your Turkey dry, pour a large pot of boiling water over your Turkey. Watch the skin as it shrinks tightly around it. This will lock in it's natural juices.