Game Day Menu thread

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Going to my extended family's Thanksgiving with about 31 people!!! We all bring something....so there's really TOO much stuff to list here!! Of course, we have all the traditional Thanksgiving meal items, but with a lot of different other things as well....like pasta (we're Italian), Italian sausage, eggplant, etc...... And we have a ton of desserts!! I am bringing my famous cheesecake!! :p

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Turkey of course…..

I threw a first-time twist today though. I simmered some Jack Daniels, chicken stock, butter, lots of butter with garlic cloves and herbs. I then soaked a cheesecloth in it and wrapped the turkey with it. The hope is that it doesn’t need basting at all with a nice, crispy skin. I will know in five hours if it worked! :muttley:

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Too much to list, I've been preparing things since Monday!

taxes-happy.gif

I will share this as its fun for the whole crowd.
ThanksgivingPunch-006-20b6779981a345d799fc75803b11ca2e.jpg

Ingredients
  • 2 quarts apple cider
  • 1 cup spiced syrup
  • 2 cups frozen cranberries (divided)
  • 1 apple (sliced)
  • 1 orange (sliced)
If you want it more festive, Vodka works well . Enjoy everyone!!:starspin::starspin:

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
I put a turkey on the smoker early this morning. With that, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, au gratin potatoes, cornbread stuffing, salad, pumpkin pie.

For the game, beer-shot of crown-beer-shot of crown-beer-shot of crown-etc.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Turkey of course…..

I threw a first-time twist today though. I simmered some Jack Daniels, chicken stock, butter, lots of butter with garlic cloves and herbs. I then soaked a cheesecloth in it and wrapped the turkey with it. The hope is that it doesn’t need basting at all with a nice, crispy skin. I will know in five hours if it worked! :muttley:
Sounds great...and if it doesn't work out, strain the excess liquid from the cheese cloth, add more bourbon and... salud