*** SPOILERS *** Game of Thrones Season 8

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My money says that Daenerys doesn't survive. I mean Rhaegar and Daenerys are brother and sister and while the Targarens inbreed, that is what led to them being crazy and therefore their downfall so that won't continue.

Daenerys is a dead woman walking. It can't happen any other way. :)

DEAD DEAD DEAD I tell you!
I wish I was home right now...

I wish I was home right now with my laptop...

I wish I was home right now with my laptop that has my GIF making software loaded so I could create a gif of Viserion burning itty bitty Yosemite Sam alive inside his cold blue flamed breath of death.

:cool:

visionary

Reaction score
Pretty clear to me that everyone thinks Daenerys and/or Jon Snow will inherit the throne

Pretty clear to me that the main reason GOT had been as good as it has is precisely because it breaks from and goes diametrically opposite to what everyone thinks and leaves the audience with a 'dis-satisfied' feeling

Can there possible be a more ho hum and 'satisfying ' outcome than both or one of them sitting on the throne

Hence, my theory is that neither of them survive and neither gets the throne in the end

You heard it here first

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty clear to me that everyone thinks Daenerys and/or Jon Snow will inherit the throne

Pretty clear to me that the main reason GOT had been as good as it has is precisely because it breaks from and goes diametrically opposite to what everyone thinks and leaves the audience with a 'dis-satisfied' feeling

Can there possible be a more ho hum and 'satisfying ' outcome than both or one of them sitting on the throne

Hence, my theory is that neither of them survive and neither gets the throne in the end

You heard it here first
BOO!
BOOOOO!
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I will hate it if you are right though. :(

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
According to rumor, and when didn't we believe rumors or I perpetuate them, one episode, the full 1:30+, will be one battle. That is going to test the ole attention span and wear me out. I like fighting along with them with my plastic sword and pretending I'm a good guy or a bad guy, if I am in a mood.

Going to prep with a refresher of season 7 beginning Sunday and binge watch and maybe binge drink ale, mead and some red wine. I don't just fight alongside them, I drink with them too. I draw the line at the incest, even though I am originally from Arkansas and if she ain't gud enuff fer kin, she ain't gud enuff fer sin.
I hear this season is going to have the longest battle scene ever created.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

You heard it here first
Did you feel "dissatisfied" when Joffrey got murdered...or when Sansa and Arya killed Lord Baelish? Both of those scenes put me in a good mood for a day or two. lol

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear this season is going to have the longest battle scene ever created.
I was wrong about the time, it's 1:22 but the longest episode.

That first battle at the North Wall was something out of the movies, not TV. When I saw that, I was really impressed. The budget for these 6 episodes is unrivaled in TV history and really throws down the gauntlet for Netflix and the others they compete with for pay TV.

With Apple and Disney joining the fight with Netflix, Amazon and Hulu, I wonder how Showtime and Starz will survive? And where is DirecTV in all of this? Now that ATT owns Fox, why not do their own channel that is available on satellite or streaming? What's another $15 bucks a month on the bill?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you feel "dissatisfied" when Joffrey got murdered...or when Sansa and Arya killed Lord Baelish? Both of those scenes put me in a good mood for a day or two. lol
My comparative enjoyment over Joffrey's and Ramsay's deaths run neck-and-neck. I cannot pick which of the two brought me more satisfaction.

visionary

Reaction score

It works both ways

First of all, those things are not conclusions

Secondly that is not what I mean by satisfaction

The reality is we are 'satisfied' when what we expect comes to pass

There is a reason that movies end with the hero and heroine winning out in some way and the bad guys losing

There is a reason why a movie like infinity war needs a sequel like End game because Thanos can't really win

Some variation on the 'expected' conclusion 'satisfies' us

Having said this, GOT has done a great job of misdirection. By that I mean, not letting us know who the real 'hero' is ie who will be left standing in the end . Just when we think we know, that person is taken out . This is why I think both of the current heroes are going to meet a grim end

My theory of who the real 'hero' is?

I think it is Arya Stark

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My comparative enjoyment over Joffrey's and Ramsay's deaths run neck-and-neck. I cannot pick which of the two brought me more satisfaction.
Ramsay's death was too quick. He needed to crap himself for about 20 minutes before the pain even started, then he should've gotten his upper body stuck inside the cage for a couple of minutes, while the dogs ate his legs...and stuff.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It works both ways

There is a reason that movies end with the hero and heroine winning out in some way and the bad guys losing

There is a reason why a movie like infinity war needs a sequel like End game because Thanos can't really win

Having said this, GOT has done a great job of misdirection. By that I mean, not letting us know who the real 'hero' is ie who will be left standing in the end . Just when we think we know, that person is taken out . This is why I think both of the current heroes are going to meet a grim end

I think it is Arya Stark
I don't know. While the protagonists and antagonists don't seem to matter, as death is concerned, John Snow and Daenerys are 2 of the most righteous and pure characters, both have claim to the throne, and she's is probably pregnant with his child........Maybe the dragons just eat everyone.

Big_D

Reaction score
I'm on team Arya!! I love Daenerys Stormborn and her dragons, but Arya is my pick. She has 6 people left on her list and after she kills Cersei she sits on the Iron Throne.

The Hound, The Mountain, Ilyn Payne, Melisandre, Beric Dondarrion? and... Cersei = The New Queen of Westeros. You heard it here first. lol

Big_D

Reaction score
Season 8, episode 1
Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 14 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 0:54

Season 8, episode 2
Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 21 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 0:58

Season 8, episode 3
Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 28 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 1:22

Season 8, episode 4
Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 5 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 1:18

Season 8, episode 5
Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 12 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 1:20

Season 8, episode 6
Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 19 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 1:20

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
It works both ways

I think it is Arya Stark

I have a feeling Daenerys isn't the hero but the villain. I think the power will go to her head like it did her father and she'll end up being the Mad Queen. I can see Jon either killing her or letting the fact that she's carrying his child distract him enough for someone to kill him. I can see a few simultaneous fights to close out the season - the living vs the white walkers, Jon vs Daenerys, Jaime vs Cersei. I think the final living "heroes" will be Jaime and a handful of the living that make it out alive.

visionary

Reaction score
I'm on team Arya!! I love Daenerys Stormborn and her dragons, but Arya is my pick. She has 6 people left on her list and after she kills Cersei she sits on the Iron Throne.

The Hound, The Mountain, Ilyn Payne, Melisandre, Beric Dondarrion? and... Cersei = The New Queen of Westeros. You heard it here first. lol

Too late
See my post before yours

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Too late
See my post before yours

I don't see the fascination with Arya. In general, the Lannisters seem far more interesting to me than the Starks. The Lannisters are all complicated people with multiple facets to their characters. The Starks are mostly either very boring characters or white knights who have some super power around not dying. As great as the show is, it's annoying that they've always tried to force certain characters down our throats. I never read the books so maybe they're interesting characters just played by terrible actors.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I enjoyed the Sept Baelor blowing up too.

No idea what Joey is talking about Arya is easily one of my favorite characters in the entire show. The only character I probably like better is Tyrion, but later in the show he is less enjoyable because he is no longer a quick witted jerk. He is always sober giving sage advise.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Differing opinions tempt me into accepting alternatives to Dany. Perhaps there is one other who might offset my justifiably worthy White Walker wrath (now say that three times fast :) ): Tyrion Lannister a.k.a. The Parricidal Toliet Bowl Killer.

No! It is Daenerys's bust or nothing!

Seriously though, the only actor I have enjoyed almost as much as Emilia Clark on the show is Peter Dinklage. He helped create one of the most intriguing fictional orators I have ever known.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I enjoyed the Sept Baelor blowing up too.

No idea what Joey is talking about Arya is easily one of my favorite characters in the entire show. The only character I probably like better is Tyrion, but later in the show he is less enjoyable because he is no longer a quick witted jerk. He is always sober giving sage advise.
I canNOT believe Sam beat me in giving props to Tyrion. :(

It is likely all stores of wildfire were used up by Cersei but I would not mind seeing another hidden stash of it used against the White Walkers. That is some wicked stuff.