Game Streams?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
ya, but you have to hack Kodi,, anyone can go online if you dont know a hacker, and even order a jail broke fire box on line,, got a couple off ebay a few years back,,
problem is, they only work for a bit, might get a couple seasons, and then its back to square one.
But, still much cheaper than the Season ticket *****...
Just google Jail broke fire box,, you can watch the games without being bent over.

I was a bit of a tech whiz years ago. Getting lazy, impatient, and easily bored so my skills have slipped. That said you tube is full of how to videos on doing this. The key is updating the Kodi software on a regular basis.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
ya, but you have to hack Kodi,, anyone can go online if you dont know a hacker, and even order a jail broke fire box on line,, got a couple off ebay a few years back,,
problem is, they only work for a bit, might get a couple seasons, and then its back to square one.
But, still much cheaper than the Season ticket *****...
Just google Jail broke fire box,, you can watch the games without being bent over.
Please no one do this. There is no jailbreaking of the Fire anything. Kodi is a free app with free add-ons. You don't have to be a "hacker". If you are paying more for these you're getting ripped off.

CapnB

Reaction score
https://troypoint.com/

Guy has a youtube channel as well that explains it too. but pretty much everything you want to know on how to jailbreak your firestick to watch anything you want is on his website. the cowboys have come on tv here in NC almost every week for the last couple of years so i havent had to use it as much.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
https://troypoint.com/

Guy has a youtube channel as well that explains it too. but pretty much everything you want to know on how to jailbreak your firestick to watch anything you want is on his website. the cowboys have come on tv here in NC almost every week for the last couple of years so i havent had to use it as much.
Agh. You're not jailbreaking anything. That just makes it sound more complicated. You're just installing an app. You can also install this on your phone or PC. Jailbreaking is an iOS term. The Android equivalent is rooting. Both basically just give you administrative rights (superuser) on the device. SportsDevil is terrible. It just scrapes sites that are hosting terrible quality streams so you can watch them minus the 500 popups. Do some searching and you can find free, HD quality streams of every game . I'm not posting the site(s) but they are out there.

HanD

Reaction score
i've done kodi about 8 years in the past but updates got tiresome with broken links on both the appletv gen 2 and android boxes.

i did the sunday ticket with apartment address back then also but it just wasn't worth it for me because i only missed like 3-4 games a year. i also did sunday ticket with someone that has an email address ending in .edu (it's like $100 for students).

reddit is way better IMO than all of those. especially if you hook your phone or computer up to your tv the resolution is still great. last year i used dofusports app on my phone when i was on the go and it was great. free and no buffering issues.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
Get a decent VPN and order NFL Game Pass INTERNATIONAL.

That allows you to watch games live. No blackouts or anything either. The price is $180 a year and you get post-season games, all-22, red zone, picture in picture to switch between two games (especially if Philly is getting their *** kicked), all of the archived games (SBI, II,..etc), documentaries, combine, draft, would be preseason games. The whole enchilada. Plus, if you wait to watch the game, it will offer a version without commercials and a 40-min condensed version. Full control.

I’ve been using it for about 10 seasons now. It used to be about $270 for the first couple of years, but has hovered around $170-180 the past 5 or 6. The best money I’ve spent. I never worry about missing anything football. I can also watch it on my phone.

Again, INTERNATIONAL.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Get a decent VPN and order NFL Game Pass INTERNATIONAL.

That allows you to watch games live. No blackouts or anything either. The price is $180 a year and you get post-season games, all-22, red zone, picture in picture to switch between two games (especially if Philly is getting their *** kicked), all of the archived games (SBI, II,..etc), documentaries, combine, draft, would be preseason games. The whole enchilada. Plus, if you wait to watch the game, it will offer a version without commercials and a 40-min condensed version. Full control.

I’ve been using it for about 10 seasons now. It used to be about $270 for the first couple of years, but has hovered around $170-180 the past 5 or 6. The best money I’ve spent. I never worry about missing anything football. I can also watch it on my phone.

Again, INTERNATIONAL.

tenor.gif

nfl needs to end its Directv relationship.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Mods I apologize if I posted this thread on the wrong board as I wasn’t sure where to post. Move if you must. Thanks!

I finally cut the cord and cancelled my DirecTV subscription. I live out of the Dallas market and am wondering what everyone else out of market does to get Cowboys games that aren’t televised nationally. I remember reading last year about live Reddit streams. Is that still a thing and if so how do I access? Or, could I access games using one of the popular streaming sites using a VPN to hide my IP address and thus change my location? Just looking for ways to access my Cowboys games as I don’t miss a game and now without Sunday Ticket I have to figure out how. Thanks in advance.
I guess I'm lucky. I live in the Dallas market area so with a TV and an antenna I have most games.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I guess I'm lucky. I live in the Dallas market area so with a TV and an antenna I have most games.

I live in WV and am in the Pittsburgh market. There’s probably only about 3-4 Cowboys games a year I can’t get on regular TV but I also like to stream other games too.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Here is my "About as safe and easy as you can get" method:
#1 Get yourself a Amazon firestick
#2 "Jailbreak it" Note: you're not really jailbreaking it in the same sense as you jailbreak a phone. It's basically turning on the developer option in settings which allows you to load "unofficial apps". Literally a click of a button.
#3 Get a VPN - required! Plenty of articles out there to guide you through this. Troypoint is a reliable source, plus he gives you codes to discount the cost of a good VPN. Note: The VPN must allow you to set Dallas as your location.
#4 Get the Locast app on your fire stick. This app allows you to stream the local channels in certain cities. Dallas is included.
#5 Set your location to Dallas on your VPN
#6 Set your city to Dallas on Locast.
#7 Stream the game using the Locast app on the local Dallas tv station that it is being shown on. BOOM!

Been working flawlessly for me for the last three years. No more sketchy streams for me!

Last edited:

HanD

Reaction score
Here is my "About as safe and easy as you can get" method:
#1 Get yourself a Amazon firestick
#2 "Jailbreak it" Note: you're not really jailbreaking it in the same sense as you jailbreak a phone. It's basically turning on the developer option in settings which allows you to load "unofficial apps". Literally a click of a button.
#3 Get a VPN - required! Plenty of articles out there to guide you through this. Troypoint is a reliable source, plus he gives you codes to discount the cost of a good VPN. Note: The VPN must allow you to set Dallas as your location.
#4 Get the Locast app on your fire stick. This app allows you to stream the local channels in certain cities. Dallas is included.
#5 Set your location to Dallas on your VPN
#6 Set your city to Dallas on Locast.
#7 Stream the game using the Locast app on the local Dallas tv station that it is being shown on. BOOM!

Been working flawlessly for me for the last three years. No more sketchy streams for me!

With locast if you don't "donate", doesn't your stream get interrupted every so often?

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
I remember not too many years ago trying to stream NFL and college football games. You always got small windows, low resolution, and lots of popup adds. Now the streams can be HD and as good watching the actual broadcast. I've moved back to the Dallas area but if I still lived out of state I would definitely stream games rather than pay for Sunday Ticket.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Mods I apologize if I posted this thread on the wrong board as I wasn’t sure where to post. Move if you must. Thanks!

I finally cut the cord and cancelled my DirecTV subscription. I live out of the Dallas market and am wondering what everyone else out of market does to get Cowboys games that aren’t televised nationally. I remember reading last year about live Reddit streams. Is that still a thing and if so how do I access? Or, could I access games using one of the popular streaming sites using a VPN to hide my IP address and thus change my location? Just looking for ways to access my Cowboys games as I don’t miss a game and now without Sunday Ticket I have to figure out how. Thanks in advance.
I have a good streaming site I use for everything. PM me for details.