Gameday menu!

Techsass

Reaction score
Chile Colorado with rice, refried beans and some tamales on the side carrot cake for dessert. The tamales are from a place called Saucedos in Odessa. My nephew brings them as a trade off for the red Chile. If anyone is ever out in West Texas it’s a must try they are definitely the best I ever had
OK what is chili Colorado? Man seems everybody is starting the season with Tamales.

My wife is sleeping in so I's clueless.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In another thread, I posted the following:

We are on a flight from Istanbul to the states and, unless Turkish Airlines live-streams (incredibly unlikely), I will watch the game on Monday.

So, would greatly appreciate no discussion of the game before Monday evening... JK

Technically, I have already had my game-day meal:. Turkish chicken kebabs, grilled veggies, rice, an ice cold beer followed by baklava.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
OK what is chili Colorado? Man seems everybody is starting the season with Tamales.

My wife is sleeping in so I's clueless.

It’s pork meat(I use pork stew meat) that is slow cooked in seasoned red chlie sauce. The sauce is made from New Mexico chile pods by boiling for about 20 minutes then blended into a red sauce. You fry the stew meat once done you add a little flour and once slightly brown you add the sauce and slow cook till the stew meat is tender.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
My crowd wants beef. Smothered Onions over Roast that has falling apart and is now in Queso, Grilled Steak and Shrimp.

I have begun with the Jack on the Rocks, by 1:00 it will be Jack and coke(drink not blow), Game-time will be back to Jack on the Rocks.

The ladies will start drinking "Hatters Red"

Go Dallas!!!

Last edited:

GenoT

Reaction score

We are on a flight from Istanbul to the states and, unless Turkish Airlines live-streams (incredibly unlikely), I will watch the game on Monday.

So, would greatly appreciate no discussion of the game before Monday evening... JK

Technically, I have already had my game-day meal:. Turkish chicken kebabs, grilled veggies, rice, an ice cold beer followed by baklava.
I lived 7yrs in Belgium, and there’s a large Turkish community. The many excellent local kebab shops took the place of American burger stands for me.

Salud...and welcome home!

TheGoat73

Reaction score

Is that meal completely different from the same meal ordered in the US?

gmoney112

Reaction score
Stocked up on the wood bbq chips last night for the game.

14oz 1in ribeye
Packages of chicken thighs + legs

Ribeye cooked over hickory/peach chips, full smoked last 2 minutes. Chicken cooked over mesquite/apple chips. I might throw a small bit of maple with the mesquite/apple for the chicken, smoky syrupy goodness.

Baked potatoes in oven, then cooked with chicken over the chips. Hatch chilies, onion, celery, bell pepper, squash wrapped up on grill, eat with all of the above

Gon' be good. Pretty low maintenance, can do it all in about an hour. Grilling with the wood/chips makes all the difference, last couple minutes with steak take off heat, close lid and get a good smokeout with the hickory/peach chips, classic. Works every time.