Gameday menu!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Starting a new tradition and celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving today! Hello to any Canadians from your southern neighbor. Soooooo....

Apple wood smoked ham (ordered online)
Sweet potato casserole infused with maple syrup, topped with TX maple syrup candied pecans
Cornbread stuffing with 2 tbls maple syrup
Wild rice bluberry muffins (real wild rice, hand harvested from Moose Lake in MN)
Oven roasted maple glazed carrots
Oven roasted maple glazed brussel sprouts
Maple pie with walnuts
Nanaimo Bars (some sort of delicious looking Canadian dessert, first time ever made)

Go Cowboys!
Wow,l! What a feast!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
aee10a72f258d2c9409917a14df032e4.jpg
Exactly what should happen to those apple stealers.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
I remember when brisket was on sale at 99 cents a lb, now its never less than 4 dollars a lb,, ah the good old days.
So picked up a full brisket for 68 bucks,, smh,, and got the smoker going about an hour ago, brisket is going in now, might be ready by half time.
I smoked a brisket and pork butt for relatives that were visiting from out of state on Thursday. I have never been able to get brisket below $2.69 a pound it was up to $6.99 earlier this year.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg
Loaded "Hill Billy" Pizza Averages6lb when you pick it up.

I'm being lazy today. I'm going to let some one else cook today.

Oh, and https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQVmi6Lgm4sBpShNKZ44AhnsNC053xoGOA29g&usqp=CAU

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I smoked a brisket and pork butt for relatives that were visiting from out of state on Thursday. I have never been able to get brisket below $2.69 a pound it was up to $6.99 earlier this year.
Indeed, one of the once cheapest cuts of meat,, the tough muscle, brisket, now considered a delicacy and priced accordingly due to all the mass sales of electric pellet smokers that dont allow a weekend warrior the the chance of screwing up a 70 dollar piece of meat.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Making some salsa to have during the second half along with crunchy peanut butter stuffed pickled jalapenos and bacon wrapped water chestnuts and pineapple to snack on while doing a Margaritathon with Melonrita, Mangorita and Jalapenorita. I infuse silver tequila for a week with different fruits and make Ritas on the Rocks and the Rocks must be Sonic Rocks, the perfect ice for Margs, Mojitos and Mules.

I may add State Fair corndogs to top that off that I did in honor of the Red River Shootout yesterday because Fall without Fletcher's Corndogs ain't right. I thought about the money those vendors won't be making this year and some of them depend on that for their income. Met the Jack's Fries guy years ago and that was the only thing he did all year and supported a spud farm in Idaho he used so many potatoes during that 3 week period.

I may have set off the Football Food gods yesterday with store bought frozen corndogs, which are crummy btw, as that was the highest scoring Shootout, and lived up to it's name, in history. It seems that college and the NFL have squared off in a score fest to see which can set the record and both are on pace to do just that. It's crazy fun but I do wish a couple of regular throwback real football games would show up. Scores don't matter as much because I am just expecting the other team to counter.

SEC set a record with the Bama-Ole Miss game for regulation scoring as well.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Indeed, one of the once cheapest cuts of meat,, the tough muscle, brisket, now considered a delicacy and priced accordingly due to all the mass sales of electric pellet smokers that dont allow a weekend warrior the the chance of screwing up a 70 dollar piece of meat.
Brisket used to be considered "crap meat" and was priced accordingly unless they were the flats for corned beef.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Making some salsa to have during the second half along with crunchy peanut butter stuffed pickled jalapenos and bacon wrapped water chestnuts and pineapple to snack on while doing a Margaritathon with Melonrita, Mangorita and Jalapenorita. I infuse silver tequila for a week with different fruits and make Ritas on the Rocks and the Rocks must be Sonic Rocks, the perfect ice for Margs, Mojitos and Mules.

I may add State Fair corndogs to top that off that I did in honor of the Red River Shootout yesterday because Fall without Fletcher's Corndogs ain't right. I thought about the money those vendors won't be making this year and some of them depend on that for their income. Met the Jack's Fries guy years ago and that was the only thing he did all year and supported a spud farm in Idaho he used so many potatoes during that 3 week period.

I may have set off the Football Food gods yesterday with store bought frozen corndogs, which are crummy btw, as that was the highest scoring Shootout, and lived up to it's name, in history. It seems that college and the NFL have squared off in a score fest to see which can set the record and both are on pace to do just that. It's crazy fun but I do wish a couple of regular throwback real football games would show up. Scores don't matter as much because I am just expecting the other team to counter.

SEC set a record with the Bama-Ole Miss game for regulation scoring as well.
What was the score??? We won a regulation game 65-58 one year. Beat the same team the next year 7-3. Crazy!!