Gardener did not get claimed

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
And I recall someone posting that Gardner would be a STARTER on another NFL roster. No such rueage occurring. He's talented, but not all that just yet. Happy to have him on the PS though. When will the official PS signings be posted?

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Ben has short arms. He is good but will never be great. Thus, he should be back on practice squad.

Ken

Reaction score
And I recall someone posting that Gardner would be a STARTER on another NFL roster. No such rueage occurring. He's talented, but not all that just yet. Happy to have him on the PS though. When will the official PS signings be posted?

Usually start hearing about it later today and finalized late today or tomorrow.

DFWJC

Reaction score
So the waiver claim period was not a set 24 hours from 3pm cst as some said?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Ben has short arms. He is good but will never be great. Thus, he should be back on practice squad.

Needs to add weight because he is beast against run and would be best inside to hide his lack of athleticism, for a DE. Cannot fault his motor or work ethic. Would sign to PS, especially with Edwards released.

remdak

Reaction score
According to Broaddus, Gardner will not be on the Cowboys PS.

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 5m5 minutes ago
While I wait for the club to set its practice squad - I can report that Ben Gardner will not be one of its members.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Didn't we have an end of world rueage thread on possibly cutting Gardner yesterday?
Teams would be line up to snag him if we was cut.
:cool:

I do wish him luck though. Seems like a good dude.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
According to Broaddus, Gardner will not be on the Cowboys PS.

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 5m5 minutes ago
While I wait for the club to set its practice squad - I can report that Ben Gardner will not be one of its members.

He must have chose another team. I can't imagine there are 10 players Dallas would rather have than him.

conner01

Reaction score
They may feel he is what he can be and the ps is really for developing guys more than stashing them if the have reached their ceiling

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Didn't we have an end of world rueage thread on possibly cutting Gardner yesterday?
Teams would be line up to snag him if we was cut.
:cool:

I do wish him luck though. Seems like a good dude.

But they know more than the Cowboys personnel people. Just ask em.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
He must have chose another team. I can't imagine there are 10 players Dallas would rather have than him.

Likely not. Most guys choose the team and they are with. 54+ player isn't much of a commodity to do otherwise

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Put Gardner on PS as a FB/blocking TE/DL.

Gardner is younger and bigger than Clutts and Clutts was also a DL who converted to FB when he joined the pros. Gardner is an all day sucker, someone who always plays his hardest from whistle to whistle and its not like he's devoid of talent. Gardner would be a load as a short yardage lead blocker at 6'4 280.