Gardener did not get claimed

Cowboys22

Reaction score
This makes absolutely no sense to me that he is not on a team somewhere. He looked as though he had a good shot to make our team but got caught in a numbers game and you know other teams had to see that. I can't fathom that no team views him as good enough for their PS. It's almost as if Dallas has promised to bring him back at some point and he is rebuffing all other offers.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This makes absolutely no sense to me that he is not on a team somewhere. He looked as though he had a good shot to make our team but got caught in a numbers game and you know other teams had to see that. I can't fathom that no team views him as good enough for their PS. It's almost as if Dallas has promised to bring him back at some point and he is rebuffing all other offers.
Might be viewed as a low upside energy player that can beat 2nd or 3rd teamers without the physical ability to beat first teamers. In the NFL if you dont have the ability to beat first teamers and dont look like you ever will you will likley find yourself teamless come September

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Gardner didn't do much in the preseason despite dozens of posts claiming that he was great. He didn't win on any snaps when rushing to the outside, IIRC. His only move is to go inside. A DE needs to be able to beat 2nd/3rd string OTs to the outside at some point.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
Put Gardner on PS as a FB/blocking TE/DL.

Gardner is younger and bigger than Clutts and Clutts was also a DL who converted to FB when he joined the pros. Gardner is an all day sucker, someone who always plays his hardest from whistle to whistle and its not like he's devoid of talent. Gardner would be a load as a short yardage lead blocker at 6'4 280.

I actually really like this idea.

Reactions: BAT

Macnalty

Reaction score
There must be part of this equation that we are not privy to at this time as it makes little sense. We kept him all of last year and clearly he has some talent.