Garrett as offense coordinator?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Does anyone think it possible he may go back to calling plays and just hire a running and/or passing game coordinator? Similar to the structure before Callahan left. In fact, that could put Colombo in play for dual roles.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Probably not.

But it's what I want to see. Either Garrett fixes it or we sink and everyone can go.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Hell, some pretty good coordinator just come off the market and it didn't appear we were in any hurry.

RamziD

Reaction score
JJ is schemin’ to poach the Saints’ offensive coaching staff en masse. It probably won’t work, but I think it’s his plan A.

conner01

Reaction score
JJ is schemin’ to poach the Saints’ offensive coaching staff en masse. It probably won’t work, but I think it’s his plan A.
I think he has a deal in place for who ever it is already
He kinda hinted to that
That can dissolve on you since you can’t sign them if they are still working and that’s happened before but I think he’s already got a new guy in the works

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Does anyone think it possible he may go back to calling plays and just hire a running and/or passing game coordinator? Similar to the structure before Callahan left. In fact, that could put Colombo in play for dual roles.

Hopefully not...not like he didnt have input with Linehan week to week and during the game... And as of 2 days ago he supported Linehan staying or so he led us to believe...

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Unless they have a top guy who can institute a more wide open, modern offense and make it work with this line, QB, RB, and receivers, I’d be happy with Garrett running the show.

Jason Garrett was one of the top OCs and playcallers in the league, so it’s foolish to say he’s not good at it. It was his success as OC/Playcaller that generated interest in him as a head coach, and it was why Jerry paid him big bucks to stay rather than take a head gig elsewhere.

Again, I’m not saying I wouldn’t embrace a new OC, totally new to the team, but since this team is close to taking off, I’m willing to give Garrett his shot. For those who hate him as head coach, this is the best option for replacing him if he fails. He was still runn8ng an effective offense in Dallas until Jerry madness him step back and improve his game management.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He could take over play calling but he'd still need to name a new coordinator.

I don't know what external candidate you think you can get if you think this head coach is coaching his last year here.

Would you like your pick of OC if it means a contract extension for Garrett with it?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Unless they have a top guy who can institute a more wide open, modern offense and make it work with this line, QB, RB, and receivers, I’d be happy with Garrett running the show.

Jason Garrett was one of the top OCs and playcallers in the league, so it’s foolish to say he’s not good at it. It was his success as OC/Playcaller that generated interest in him as a head coach, and it was why Jerry paid him big bucks to stay rather than take a head gig elsewhere.

Again, I’m not saying I wouldn’t embrace a new OC, totally new to the team, but since this team is close to taking off, I’m willing to give Garrett his shot. For those who hate him as head coach, this is the best option for replacing him if he fails. He was still runn8ng an effective offense in Dallas until Jerry madness him step back and improve his game management.

He benefited from what Sean Peyton brought here. Please don't give me credit. He sucks.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Not mentioned yet but if they stay in-house, I'm guessing that means no immediate extension for Garrett.