Garrett calling plays/More Garrett

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Is really the worst case scenario in this whole mess. I would rather have Linehan back. Garrett getting MORE involved in the offense and actually getting back play calling duties could NOT BE WORSE!!!

This has become a total disaster. Someone please save us. Don't let it be true.

gmb1

Reaction score
Is really the worst case scenario in this whole mess. I would rather have Linehan back. Garrett getting MORE involved in the offense and actually getting back play calling duties could NOT BE WORSE!!!

It's been a disaster for a very long time. Sorry.

Eanwen

Reaction score
I don't know if Garrett will technically be worse but I don't regard this as any type of upgrade. Weren't opposing players saying our offense was predictable when Garrett was calling plays? Wasn't he stripped of play calling duties because he stunk at it?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's been a disaster for a very long time. Sorry.

Definitely has. But after Linehan got fired there was big hope they might be finally doing the right thing. Alas, they are going backwards.

JayFord

Reaction score
Yeah right now we’re fixing a broken toilet with popsicle sticks and pregnancy test kits

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

could not have said it better myself

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

its things like this in life that cause people to ponder suicide

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Garrett in the vacuum of being the play caller has been very good. Garrett managing the whole team has struggled. But with a better defense and him having more confidence in run game, he should be better at holding 26-3 leads.

The goal for this team should be throw throw throw to get up 24-10. Then run the ball to salt the game away

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The best thing is for him to actually call plays. If they are going to keep the same outdated generic playbook then what’s the point of changing oc’s? Let him call plays and when or if the offense underforms like it has he will be fired.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Definitely has. But after Linehan got fired there was big hope they might be finally doing the right thing. Alas, they are going backwards.
And why Jerry pulled the trigger to provide some hope to his base .He has no real plan or a list moving forward.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And why Jerry pulled the trigger to provide some hope to his base .He has no real plan or a list moving forward.

He is cozy with his nice little puppet show. But he will bring in a few people each year to recruit new blood, give the fans some hope, and get some new ideas when things are stale.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Maybe there is a sliver lining in all of this. Maybe Jerruh isn’t going to extend Garrett-top? He wants to go down on his own terms and that’s calling plays himself. If he craps the bed, and we all know there’s a high probability of that happening, he’ll be let go post 2019.

khiladi

Reaction score
If Garrett is calling plays, maybe Jerry is basically giving him a year to go down firing, since it’s the last year in his contract. This is also Dak’s last year, so maybe Jerry has put the pressure on Jason finally.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
There is room to speculate.

Injuries to the OL spelled our doom this year.

DAK lost his protection and then he was irratic.

Time of possession changed.

DAK needs a TC on throwing.

If his completions increase 10 percent..

we will forget we had a QB problem.

That is doable.

If the OL improves the sacks which it should..

anything else will improve.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There is room to speculate.

Injuries to the OL spelled our doom this year.

DAK lost his protection and then he was irratic.

Time of possession changed.

DAK needs a TC on throwing.

If his completions increase 10 percent..

we will forget we had a QB problem.

That is doable.

If the OL improves the sacks which it should..

anything else will improve.

What you just said about Dak is true of any and all QB's. All QB's get more erratic under duress and pressure.

But I completely agree the biggest issue was the Oline. But certainly having little to throw to was a big problem. As getting Cooper showed.