Twitter: Garrett: Carter will call defensive plays against NYG..Lee not ruled out

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 5m
Bruce Carter will call the defensive signals for Sunday's game vs. Giants.
Jason Garrett said he didn't talk to his team about the NFC east standings today.

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 5m
Jason Garrett not surprised by the Giants four-game winning streak: They are a good football team. They are doing what winning teams do.
Jason Garrett not ruling Sean Lee out for Sunday..said he had a productive weekend.. said he feels better. will take it day by day.
Cowboys focused on simply getting Miles Austin healthy. Garrett hopes his presence and play will help the offense on Sunday

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Stunned by the Sean Lee development. He looked gone for the season when he got injured. I thought 3-4 weeks was being extremely optimistic.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Stunned by the Sean Lee development. He looked gone for the season when he got injured. I thought 3-4 weeks was being extremely optimistic.
Did you see LeSean McCoy after his injury. He too looked gone for the season. Then returns for the 2nd half...and balls out. Weird!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually like this...Carter seems better when he has the leading role.

It might be helpful to Carter. His issues this season have appeared to be a lack of focus on occasion. This might force him to stay more focused.

Plankton

Reaction score

Until I see him on the field, the report will remind me of this:

http://newsok.com/nova-cek-out-this-possibility-tight-end-might-return-for-playoffs/article/2564409

December 19, 1996

IRVING, Texas - Bolstered by recent reports, the Dallas Cowboys have not ruled out the possibility that five-time Pro Bowl tight end Jay Novacek will return for the playoffs.

"Jay told one of our coaches that he feels the best he's felt in a long time. He thought he was optimistic about maybe playing in the playoffs," coach Barry Switzer said Tuesday. "That would be a tremendous lift to Troy Aikman and our offensive football team."

As it turned out, Novacek never played again.

I don't think we see Lee until the Bear game in December.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Day by day = week by week

Then suddenly, "Sean Lee will miss the rest of the season because upon closer inspection, his butt fell off and he needs the offseason to grow it back."

Or at least that's how ridiculous things have been with this organization, lately.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Yep, why does anyone put any stock in this report. Garrett is just playing possum with injuries like does every week.

I believe thats exactly whats he's doing. I wouldn't expect Lee back until at least after Thanskgiving.

DuceizBak

Reaction score
It might be helpful to Carter. His issues this season have appeared to be a lack of focus on occasion. This might force him to stay more focused.

This...we know he's more than mentally capable of doing smart things[fake like he's going deep to bait the QB into throwing a short ball vs the falcons last year]

Szczepanik

Reaction score
Carter looks lethargic when he doesn't have the leading role. When he calls signals at least last season he played better.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Lee needs to sit through the next two and heal. The last thing we need is a tear on the hammy and he's out for the season.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Hopefully that will be what he needs to get his head in the game. I really thought he was going to take off this season.